Eventide Anthology XII

cclarry

In 2017, I upgraded my Anthology X (which I got on KVR) to XI for $149, which added  Blackhole, Fission, Tverb, UltraTap, MangledVerb and 2016 Stereo Room - $24.83 per

In 2022, I can upgrade XI to XII for $199, which adds SplitEQ, Physion, SP 2016 Reverb, Spring,  ShimmerVerb, Tricera Chorus, CrushStation, Rotary Mod, Undulator, Micropitch, and Crystals - $19.90 per

16 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I jumped. 
SplitEQ (and SP2016 full) are worth it. 
And I hear some free updates are coming for us freshly minted Anthology XII owners :)

Already got SplitEQ & SP2016. Updates are usually free.
When I chatted with Eventide support about upgrading the only potential benefit they mentioned was everything would be under one license.
So no compelling reason for me to spend $39.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Already got SplitEQ & SP2016. Updates are usually free.
When I chatted with Eventide support about upgrading the only potential benefit they mentioned was everything would be under one license.
So no compelling reason for me to spend $39.

Ya I reached out to them too.  Got same vibe that it’s an admin fee.  No real compelling reason to upgrade.  Although, for izotope I paid a bit more to get in Music production bundle so it was cheaper to upgrade later. So for that reason $39 may still be worthwhile.  Need to think about it.

11 hours ago, Fleer said:

Would a similar tonal/transient split compressor make sense as a mixing or mastering duo with SplitEQ?
Does anything resembling such a split comp even exist? 

Absolutely it would make sense indeed. I think it would work great, maybe even beyond that, if such product was to be made by a knowledgeable developer! As Eventides Omnipressor is an excellent product I trust if they make SplitCOMP it would be awesome. Speaking of which I should send this request directly to my Eventide contact!

In the meantime, using multiband limiting / compression / expansion is the 2nd best thing. DMG Limiltess + Multiplicity are imho the best - most flexible choices. Use them all the time.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

• 1 month later...

Still pondering this one. Do you think this is as good a price as it will get for this bundle, given that I don't own any Eventide plugins at present? Or if I wait a few month or till Black Friday is it likely to drop any lower?

I just realised I do have one Eventide freebie, so my upgrade price is only $679.15 which is even better than the price I was contemplating at PluginDiscounts.com of $689. In case anyone else is interested, ThomannMusic.com has it even cheaper again at $659 currently. 

Edited by Craig N
  • Like 1