United Plugins Mirror

cclarry

We are proud to introduce our new and most innovative plugin by JMG Sound. Mirror is a reverse negative delay (first of a kind). Its intro price is €22 (68% off).

A Delay Ahead of its Time

Mirror is a plugin that sees the future. It reverses your audio, applies effects and plays it back before the event even begins. It would automatically create the much-loved reverse reverb and snare effects in seconds, allowing you to focus on the sound, not the process.

Reflections of the Future

Reflections of the Future means the reverse effect is heard before the original sound. You can also apply the reverb effect and filters before the sound is reversed. The best way to understand and experience Mirror is to grab the 15-days fully working trial version and play with the plugin. 

Don't miss the intro sale

Mirror is compatible with the majority of VST/AAX/AU DAW applications on both Windows and macOS. The price is set to €69. But you may grab the intro price (68% off - €22) until the 28th of February.

$20.62 at Best Service

https://www.bestservice.com/mirror.html

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cclarry said:

Mirror is a plugin that sees the future. It reverses your audio, applies effects and plays it back before the event even begins. It would automatically create the much-

56 minutes ago, locrian said:

Tried the demo: severe latency

You can't do this kind of thing in real time unless you're traveling with your laptop in a Delorian and going at least 88MPH...

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, mibby said:

I was wondering about this. It seems the dev would have to have a large look-ahead buffer to flip the data around.

Yeah, it basically explains that on the actual website, which gives at least a little more warning than the best service listing:  https://unitedplugins.com/Mirror/

Mirror uses DAW latency compensation to keep correct timing, therefore it will not work when tracking live. Please see the documentation to understand some DAWs' limitations.

Recommended Workflow

Mirror needs time to record your audio into the buffer before reversing it and playing back before your original sound. This causes latency, which means that playback will not immediately start. Please be patient and give Mirror time to work its magic, in the long run, it will save you lots of time over the tedious manual process. You can shape the effect in context with the rest of the audio in perfect sync. When you are happy with the result, simply bounce the effect to remove the latency.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

...When you are happy with the result, simply bounce the effect to remove the latency.

I do this with the Izotope repair plugins too:  de-click and de-breath.  It doesn't seem like too big of a deal to render the reverse delays once you dial it in...

52 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

RP-VERB2. It has a reverse function. I haven't tested it for workflow against this one, but it seems to have a similar idea.

I'm guessing that's like the Kilohearts Reverser too. It just flips your reverb tail.  Not the same thing. This one puts it in front of your audio.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mibby said:

I'm guessing that's like the Kilohearts Reverser too. It just flips your reverb tail.  Not the same thing. This one puts it in front of your audio.

I don't know for sure. As usual, I buy stuff and then just look at it sitting pretty. I will test it this evening though. But never underestimate a Rob Papen plugin  for its functionality. 

2 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

But never underestimate a Rob Papen plugin  for its functionality

Good to know! I've been curious about a couple of his plugins. I got the muted guitar one (can't remember the name off-hand) a few years ago in the Computer Music bundle and it's really very good and usable!  The Delsane Delay or whatever its name is caught my attention when it came out too.

Edited by mibby

17 hours ago, mibby said:

You are right, I couldn't find an option to put it in front with the Rob Papen plugin. Still a good one though 😋

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mibby said:

Is this your first United Plugin Grem?  Check if you get a Credit by signing up for the newsletter! They share a lot of similarities with Melda.  :)

Yes it is my first plugin with UnitedPlugins. I did sign up for the news letter. Haven't seen a credit yet.

Thanks for the heads up Mibby.

Edited by Grem