New Website Being Built: musicsoftwaredeals.com

Reid Rosefelt

1 hour ago, mibby said:

I just got some emails.

image.thumb.png.de6e8af98081cb883fb9190f0b3dd12d.png

Looks great! Thanks @Music Software Deals guy!  👍

Glad to hear it! We've updated the layout on the front page a little again too just to improve it - just placed the featured deals and all deals in the one section (they were previously separate) and also those featured deals are auto removed when you add any filtering and sorting

Two new updates:

1. We've updated the Spitfire scraper and its working correctly now (it was missing some deals because of "pagination" on their site). Working perfectly now with their new website design

2. Based on a lot of requests and feedback, we've now added the "Table" view button which lets you see the results / latest deals in one single table. For example, view all of the Plugin Boutique latest deals in a table like this (attached)

latest.PNG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

We had some feedback regarding the user price alerts page so made some improvements based on the suggestions. In particular:

1. It shows if the product is on sale or not at a glance (fire/ice emoji)

2. If the product is on sale, it will show you the sale price

Just a few small changes that improve the user experience so you need to click less!

pricealerts.PNG

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Haven't updated this thread in a while so just wanted to let you guys know some of the latest updates we've made:

1. Added sidebar with extra navigation options like Top 20 synths, Top 100 Products etc.
  2. Added a newsletter (signup in the sidebar) where we send just 1 email per week with a curated list of the "best" audio plugin deals. This means we're not sending a list of hundreds of them, but just what we feel are the best ones that deserve your time.
  3. Improved the database so page loads faster. There were quite a few database errors lately as traffic and data grows so we made a lot of improvements here and are in the process of moving hosting which should speed it up by around 3X
  4. Added tags to product pages so you can see what category a product is in, click on that category and see more.
  5. Made it default to not show products that are preset / expansion packs, upgrades, crossgrades, education versions etc. as they clutter up the search results. However, you can show them in the "More Options" under the search results
  6. Added the filter for showing the product types mentioned above (presets / upgrades etc.) to every manufacturer page to again not clutter up results. 
  7. We added more sorting options to the front page along with the table format

Right now we're currently looking at improving the homepage because we're finding most people who visit the website aren't too interested in seeing the latest deals (or at least not in that current format) so we're looking to optimise the layout of the front page to show more information on everything going on.

Also, tagging is still in progress as its hard to manually tag over 17k products, but we're getting there!

Would love to hear your feedback if you have any

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mibby said:

@Music Software Deals guy, the updated version looks great. I WAS going to ask to get rid of the "suggested deals" but you already took care of that. Nice and streamlined - again!  (by default)  Nice upgrades just in time for Black Friday season.  😎

Thanks! In terms of the "suggested deals" do you mean the ones highlighted in red that are called "Featured"? If so, these automatically disappear when you search, its just to pick out some deals we think are good :)

Yes, I was not a fan of the "Featured Deals" . I thought it cluttered things and it made me feel like you were trying to sell me something.  It almost seemed like a Dev could pay you to be featured.  I know that is not the case, but...

Oh! I see it's still there. Can you make the "Featured Deals" an option I can turn off?

Edited by mibby

16 minutes ago, mibby said:

Yes, I was not a fan of the "Featured Deals" . I thought it cluttered things and it made me feel like you were trying to sell me something.  It almost seemed like a Dev could pay you to be featured.  I know that is not the case, but...

Oh! I see it's still there. Can you make the "Featured Deals" an option I can turn off?

Yea makes sense. The reason we added those was because it seemed like people wanted to be directed to somewhere on the website. It is a search engine, but sometimes people want to just see the best stuff in one place too without having to figure out what that is. And when we look at the heatmap of the website its really clear that people scroll through them to see what curated list we're highlighting for users (its the most clicked section!)

Our new layout aims to resolve this by giving loads of different sections on the homepage, then a dedicated page for latest deals, a dedicated page for new lowest price etc. so if you just want to see the latest deals, you go to a particular page and they're all there with better filtering / sorting etc.

Edited by Music Software Deals
  • Like 1

And just in time for the heavy duty shopping season! ;)

FWIW, my top uses would be:

1. Find the best price on a specific item

2. Find a decent cheap item at a specific store to pick up a free with purchase

3. Shop sales by specific Devs I like

4. Set Email Notifications for items I'm watching

Bonus: I didn't think I cared, but I find the Price History feature very useful too.

Once again, really impressive job on this and a great idea! Kudos!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mibby said:

And just in time for the heavy duty shopping season! ;)

FWIW, my top uses would be:

1. Find the best price on a specific item

2. Find a decent cheap item at a specific store to pick up a free with purchase

3. Shop sales by specific Devs I like

4. Set Email Notifications for items I'm watching

Bonus: I didn't think I cared, but I find the Price History feature very useful too.

Once again, really impressive job on this and a great idea! Kudos!

Thanks Mibby! Still working on more improvements, features and optimisations. If you or anyone else has any suggestions do let us know.

Also, I plan to make a video about the website, its growth, how much it makes each month and more soon if people would find that interesting!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Music Software Deals said:

Thanks Mibby! Still working on more improvements, features and optimisations. If you or anyone else has any suggestions do let us know.

Also, I plan to make a video about the website, its growth, how much it makes each month and more soon if people would find that interesting!

I would. This is a great tool I use too little for 'the hunt' but I use it a lot for the lowest price history.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1