Thoughts on Acoustic Revolutions 3

kitekrazy

I thought about it. It looks good and also a bit more flexible than the previous ones, but the thing that put me off is that it's effectively a loop-based instrument [nothing wrong with loops; just personally not my thing]. Picking up something from OTS or AmpleSounds seems a bit more flexible to me.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, antler said:

I thought about it. It looks good and also a bit more flexible than the previous ones, but the thing that put me off is that it's effectively a loop-based instrument [nothing wrong with loops; just personally not my thing]. Picking up something from OTS or AmpleSounds seems a bit more flexible to me.

Exactly. Loop-based guitar libraries can be very easy to use, but they're also incredibly limited/constrained to the included recorded patterns and don't allow for user customization.  Personally,  I love having the ability to do exactly what I  want with guitar parts,  but I sometimes will use NI's strum if it has a pattern I really like because it's so simpleto do, but it doesn't permit you to make any tweaks whatsoever,  which makes it a one trick pony (okay, a few dozen tricks) and everyone else that uses that libraryis going to have identical sounding guitar parts.  With the next update of Evolution,  I doubt I'll even be doing that. 

I could get this for nothing using old APD points and it still doesn't tempt me. Mostly because of the the way the browser just has Rhythm 1, Rhythm 2 and so on with no clue as to how they might sound. I don't want to be loading each one every time just to see what they are.

4 minutes ago, paulo said:

I could get this for nothing using old APD points and it still doesn't tempt me. Mostly because of the the way the browser just has Rhythm 1, Rhythm 2 and so on with no clue as to how they might sound. I don't want to be loading each one every time just to see what they are.

You can't get it for nothing...base price is $69.99 using $20 in Rewards money....that's the lowest it will be!

Rewards only reduce prices to the base price...no lower

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1