Faith Hope And Love

Tim Smith

I have had this one for a few months and I though it was complete. Have you ever gone back to something you did and literally hated it? That's what happened here.

I returned to this mix from Oct this year and decided to rework it completely. I slowed it from 120 to 118bpm. I re played the flute part ( on keys) . I replaced the guitar sound.

I dumped all of the plugins I  used before and decided to change it up. You probably didn't hear the original.  Classical music with a guitar and a flute.

• Like 5

This made me think I was sitting down listening while at King Arthur's Court - a very pleasant listen. The mix sounds excellent - this composition made me think a bit of Pentangle - I listened to a couple of their albums somewhat recently.

Overall - well done, and I really enjoyed that lead flute.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KurtS said:

Sounds nice.  I could imagine a harpsicord taking over the lead for while. 

Hmmmmm. 🤔Good idea . Thanks!

20 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

This made me think I was sitting down listening while at King Arthur's Court - a very pleasant listen. The mix sounds excellent - this composition made me think a bit of Pentangle - I listened to a couple of their albums somewhat recently.

Overall - well done, and I really enjoyed that lead flute.

Thanks Douglas. Yeah I picture this one only a few hours before Henry decided to get rid of his 3rd wife. Seriously though thanks for listening! I know this music isn't your common fav. Great insights.

Hey Tim, this is very well recorded  and it's an interesting arrangement -- everything sits well in the mix -- I like the entrance of the flute and how it meshes with the guitar sounds -- I enjoyed listening to this -- good work! -- Allan.

On 12/8/2021 at 5:37 PM, Tim Smith said:

Have you ever gone back to something you did and literally hated it?

Yes! A lot of my songs turn into crap overnight.  😊

There's a music group where I live that plays instruments from Renaissance times, even the sackbut that David mentioned.
Anyway, very nice composition, Tim. The flute and guitar play off each other well. You might be interested in an Indiginus Vst called Renaxxane which is a nylon guitar that has a Renaissance vibe to it.

-Bjorn