AAS Analog Orchestra VA-3 Soundpack

cclarry

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

And while you’re at it, help me decide between dis juan and Humanized, will you. 

I listened to the demos of AAS Analog Orchestra, and I'm not sold yet. Some organic instruments sound good when emulated on an analog synth, such as the synth flute, and maybe some synth strings. But others don't sound all that musical to me. Kind of a throwback to the early synth days, pre-sampler.

Thank goodness for the high quality sample libraries of organic instruments available to us today!

I think this is where advanced physical modeling of organic instruments has a better chance for making a musical sound. It would have been interesting to see how this would turn out if the sounds were designed in Chromaphone. IMO Ultra Analog VA-3 was developed to physically model an analog synth, not organic instruments. YMMV.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, abacab said:

I listened to the demos of AAS Analog Orchestra, and I'm not sold yet. Some organic instruments sound good when emulated on an analog synth, such as the synth flute, and maybe some synth strings. But others don't sound all that musical to me. Kind of a throwback to the early synth days, pre-sampler.

Thank goodness for the high quality sample libraries of organic instruments available to us today!

I think this is where advanced physical modeling of organic instruments has a better chance for making a musical sound. It would have been interesting to see how this would turn out if the sounds were designed in Chromaphone. IMO Ultra Analog VA-3 was developed to physically model an analog synth, not organic instruments. YMMV.

So Humanized it is. 

• Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, abacab said:

I like Humanized! Funny thing is that I thought it was new, so I listened to all the demos and said "gotta get that one".

Then I discovered that I already had it, LOL!!! 🤣

I can’t wait to be old, senile, and still have a plug-in addiction.  It’s gonna look like my Ik group buy duplicate list hahha. I guess I won’t know the difference though so it’s fine hahha 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, kevin H said:

I can’t wait to be old, senile, and still have a plug-in addiction.  It’s gonna look like my Ik group buy duplicate list hahha. I guess I won’t know the difference though so it’s fine hahha 

I already enjoy watching movies twice or three times without remembering until the very end. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

I already enjoy watching movies twice or three times without remembering until the very end. 

I just watched the Matrix trilogy for the 2nd time. Funny thing is that I barely remembered a few scenes and had forgotten most of the plot.

Thanks to 2 decades gone by... 🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, abacab said:

I just watched the Matrix trilogy for the 2nd time. Funny thing is that I barely remembered a few scenes and had forgotten most of the plot.

Thanks to 2 decades gone by... 🤪

My favorite Movie franchise!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Yep...looking forward to it...

They'll have a hard time living up the standard of the first 3...but we'll see how it goes!

Brag time.  I was in SF when they were filming Matrix 4.  Caught one of the helicopter chase scenes as they flew between buildings.  If you see me in one of the scenes, wave hi.  Look for cakewalk t-shirt hahha

image.png.c5d6f5aef9a0f88999f2b61d9d80d1f0.png

Edited by kevin H
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kevin H said:

Brag time.  I was in SF when they were filming Matrix 4.  Caught one of the helicopter chase scenes as they flew between buildings.  If you see me in one of the scenes, wave hi.  Look for cakewalk t-shirt hahha

Cool! I live in Alameda, which is where the Matrix movies' VFX are done, and some of the exterior set-based action sequences. The freeway set may still be decomposing out at the former Navy base, Alameda Point.

(Prior to What Dreams May Come, we were known for being the home of Skippy peanut butter, creators of the first "stable" peanut butter, as well as Listo, who invented the grease pencil/China marker)

Last year, Keanu was spotted getting a cone at the Baskin Robbins in the shopping center a few blocks from my place. It made the local paper. Alameda has a real small town vibe. Keanu could sit on a bench and enjoy his cone without being hassled.

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/keanu-reeves-apparently-spotted-in-alameda/

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Like 3

Sorry I'm late on this. Have been really busy catching up after my wife and I had the virus. This is the first week I know I'm at 100%. I thought I was doing pretty good last week  but I really didn't know how far I had to go. Had second shot5 months before I got it. I did not want to use it as an excuse but I figured I needed to say why it took so long. Analog Orchestra.  I like it and it's worth $16 something for me. I remember on the forum someone asked me if GForce MTon sounded good and I said, If you want to have something that sounds good you shouldn't get a Melotron. I love them but not because they sound good. Analog Orchestra is the same thing only the sounds are more 2004 not 1972 like the Tron. It's similar to the Sonnivox Orchestra Companion except It doesnt try to fool you into thinking they are real instruments. And I have had so much trouble trying to get the Sonnivox authorized and scanned into the daw I gave up. Not sampled but modeled so it is never going sound like East West or any of the excellent libs out there. Some really detailed modeling in there but the word cheesy keeps coming to mind. But cheesy like  a Tron is cheesy. It is completely usable. There are some presets that are not cheesy too. I still like it but it was $16.60, so.... Flear get Humanized. Now I have go and get my Rev Scoring Piano into Kontact.

Edited by BassDaddy
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1