Impact Soundworks Black Friday Sale

cclarry

Our Black Friday sale starts now!

For Black Friday, we're introducing five new bundles featuring some of our top sellers as well as new favorites — and now through November 29, they're up to 60% off MSRP!

Best of all, if you already own something in these bundles, you’ll get an additional discount. It's the perfect time to complete your collection.

https://impactsoundworks.com/products/category/bfcm-bundles/

• Like 1

@cclarry Just a quick thought.  No one in this forum knows deals like you do. It's an undisputed fact. Consequently, reading through your posts in this thread where you stated this dev had a "pretty lame BF sale," I had this little idea, how about a Larry deal rating system? Movie critics have their thumbs up and thumbs down; Rotten Tomatoes has the Tomatometer, I think you should have some kind of deal rating system where you rate if you think a deal is great or not. A Dealometer or Larrymeter.  Does anyone here have decent graphic design skills? I can just imagine a little graphic of Larry next to either Dealometer or Larrymeter or Larryometer.  

Seriously, I think it needs to happen. Is anyone else with me? 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Seriously, I think it needs to happen. Is anyone else with me? 

I think whether something is a good deal or not depends very much on the individual. One man's junk is another man's treasure and all that.......

There's so much marketing BS around "sale" prices these days that to me the only question that anyone really needs to ask themselves is whether that product at that current price is "worth it" to them and then then act accordingly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paulo said:

I think whether something is a good deal or not depends very much on the individual. One man's junk is another man's treasure and all that.......

There's so much marketing BS around "sale" prices these days that to me the only question that anyone really needs to ask themselves is whether that product at that current price is "worth it" to them and then then act accordingly. 

Okay, you've caused me to actually stop kidding around and be serious for a moment -- but no more than a moment. 

Yes, your basic point, is, of course,  on the surface, true, it completely misses the value of reviews and critiques which the overwhelming majority of consumers use in the research process today.  Yes, the value of anything is subjective. That doesn't invalidate the value of a subject matter expert weighing in with an opinion which can be an incredibly useful input to a buyer. And your statement about BS around sales prices this days unintentionally makes a stronger case for why a subject matter expert in the area of deals can be so valuable. Consider instances where Larry is weighing how good a deal is relative to a developer's or retailer's past sales. The fact is, reviews are used as a guide for all sorts of consumer decision making. We use them when we research consumer goods and services. No one thinks that a review represents someone with our identical background thinking for us, but they can provide insights that a prospective buyer can derive value from. For example, many of us will look at reviews of a restaurant, a movie -- or a sample library or plugin -- before committing to making a purchase decision. Whether or not you enjoy a movie or show, video game, sample library or plugin depends a lot on your personal preferences and history, right? When you go to Rotten Tomatoes, you're probably not generally taking the various critics' reviews as gospel that you will feel identically, but using them as a guide. In fact, this is the very reason that reviews and critics are a huge industry today. And I seriously think that Larry has a value that can be easily and humorously channeled in the way I've described . 

The ccLarry Dealometer (soon to be trademarked) is like Rotten Tomatoes Tomatometer. It's a guide. It benefits from Larry's extensive knowledge of past sales from developers and retailers. So, on one hand, it let's you know what Larry thinks of the deal relative to past deals from the same vendor. On the other hand, Larry would consider the deal relative to competitors with a similar offering. Yes, it's one person's point of view, but that one person has subject matter expertise on deals -- an extensive knowledge that most of us just don't have the time or interest to amass, but that knowledge has value to us. So Larry's experience and insight on deals, while it is not going to have your subjective opinion of a particular deal, was the perspective of a man with unparalleled knowledge of these kinds of deals. I think that 99.99% of the people that use the deal forum would find value in it.

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1