SoundIron Desk Bells FREE!

cclarry

1 minute ago, jackson white said:

If someone can explain *why* you need full Kontakt for a frigging desk bell, I'll buy it. 

The MAIN reason is that the fee paid to Native Instruments for "Player" compatibility is QUITE HIGH.
Therefore, many developers opt for the "Lower Fee" of making it for FULL Kontakt...

• Thanks 1

The patches that SoundIron made for this are really nice. Some sound very celeste-like and others are very  lush synth sounds combined with the bell.  

As far as people trolling KONTAKT library threads to complain about needing KONTAKT, I really think we need to ban it. It's toxic and serves no purpose other than wasting everyone's time -- including the angry person who posted the comment. If you don't own KONTAKT, please don't post in a thread for a library that requires the full version of KONTAKT to rant about the library needing KONTAKT -- as it doesn't help you and is pointless. No, no one needs to explain to you why you should buy KONTAKT.  

Instead of trolling a thread to complain about a plugin needed for a free library, why not do something more productive? We could all spend our lives complaining about things we don't like, can't afford, or think can be improved, but when your comments aren't productive, when they're outright negative/toxic -- they have no real purpose beyond providing the poster with an outlet to express their anger. But why not be more considerate of others and just move on? There's nothing you're adding to the conversation and there are a great deal of options that exist beyond KONTAKT. There are free plugins for tons of synths, for sample players like SampleTank, various SFZ players, Labs, Orchestra Tools, HALION Sonic LE -- even the free version of KOMPLETE is pretty cool. For those of us who did invest in KONTAKT -- the group this thread was actually created for  -- we greatly appreciate a developer giving away a nice small library like this one and appreciate the person who made the thread --okay, at this forum, that person is usually Larry -- letting us know about the free library. If you didn't make the investment in KONTAKT -- for whatever reason (maybe it's too expensive, understood; I know what it's like to be broke;  maybe you prefer another sampler....) -- instead of wasting your and everyone else's time endlessly venting,  just find a threat that is relevant to you. instead of complaining ad nauseam about software you don't own.

• Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, jackson white said:

If someone can explain *why* you need full Kontakt for a frigging desk bell, I'll buy it. 

For years I avoided full Kontakt, and stuck with Player libraries. At full list for $399, Kontakt was a bit beyond my budget!

But when I learned how to crossgrade to Kontakt for $125, I went all in!!!

And I have found that many many excellent commercial libraries for Kontakt, such as those from Indiginus, are very reasonably priced. If Indiginus packaged them for Player, they would have to be a lot more expensive (Native Instruments licensing). A couple of prime examples are The Resonator for $59 https://www.indiginus.com/the-resonator  or Renegade Acoustic Guitar for $69. https://www.indiginus.com/renegade-acoustic-guitar

I am sure glad that I now have full Kontakt, so I no longer have to pay attention to those dreaded words "full Kontakt required". :)

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, abacab said:

I am sure glad that I now have full Kontakt, so I no longer have to pay attention to those dreaded words "full Kontakt required". :)

There's that, but I'm glad for the extra sounds it's made available to me as well. Don't mean to OT this thread, but if you don't know about KLANG, do yourself a favour and check these out too:

https://klang.cologne/klang21_free.php

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

The MAIN reason is that the fee paid to Native Instruments for "Player" compatibility is QUITE HIGH.
Therefore, many developers opt for the "Lower Fee" of making it for FULL Kontakt...

Thank you for the clarification, all news to me, sounds like a bit of old school "insurance". 

1 hour ago, abacab said:

how to crossgrade to Kontakt for $125

Please enlighten me. it would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, abacab said:

excellent commercial libraries for Kontakt, such as those from Indiginus

These in particular have given me something to consider.

@PavlovsCat  Apologies if somehow my post triggered your reaction. No trolling, ranting, anger, etc. on my part at all (what would be the point?) My assumption was Full Kontakt supports a deeper set of features than Player. I just could not fathom what full set of enhanced capabilities would be required for a desk bell?!! and my comment was intended to be humorous.  Sorry that you read something else into it.  I was not aware of the Player vs. Full penalty for developers. 

fwiw, the vast majority of my productions have been real musicans playing real instruments and I rarely use samples. A recent relocation unfortunately meant losing access to local talent and the reason for considering alternatives (i.e. samplers).  My search to date has been a bit of a disappointment as most what I've found has not been suitable for the bulk of my work. A few recent offerings (such as Indiginus) could be promising but my initial experience with Kontakt was not great (UI, structure, I/F problems) thus biasing my preference for something different.  It's not the money, it's sound/usability/productivity. HTH. 

4 minutes ago, jackson white said:

There are several FREE Programs that entitle you to crossgrade to the FULL version
of Kontakt, and during the "Half Off" sale, which comes around regularly, Full Kontakt
Crossgrade costs $125...

One of the programs is called "DrumMic’a" from Sennheiser, which you can get here
It's a Drum Kit
https://free-drum-kits.com/sennheiser-drummica/

Edited by cclarry

4 minutes ago, jackson white said:

Thank you for the clarification, all news to me, sounds like a bit of old school "insurance". 

These in particular have given me something to consider.

@PavlovsCat  Apologies if somehow my post triggered your reaction. No trolling, ranting, anger, etc. on my part at all (what would be the point?) My assumption was Full Kontakt supports a deeper set of features than Player. I just could not fathom what full set of enhanced capabilities would be required for a desk bell?!! and my comment was intended to be humorous.  Sorry that you read something else into it.  I was not aware of the Player vs. Full penalty for developers. 

fwiw, the vast majority of my productions have been real musicans playing real instruments and I rarely use samples. A recent relocation unfortunately meant losing access to local talent and the reason for considering alternatives (i.e. samplers).  My search to date has been a bit of a disappointment as most what I've found has not been suitable for the bulk of my work. A few recent offerings (such as Indiginus) could be promising but my initial experience with Kontakt was not great (UI, structure, I/F problems) thus biasing my preference for something different.  It's not the money, it's sound/usability/productivity. HTH. 

No giant deal, it's just that people trolling KONTAKT threads to complain that they have to purchase KONTAKT to use a library (that is, it doesn't work with KONTAKT Player) is common place and it's self-centered, I don't give a crap about the community, I just enjoy complaining, type posts. It's the antithesis of what makes a good member of an online community.  Yes, the full version of KONTAKT enables a user to play any KONTAKT library.  The Player version requires a third-party developer to invest thousands in licensing fees, otherwise, a developer can create and distribute a free or paid library useable in the paid version of KONTAKT for no cost. 

There is a wealth of high quality commercial sample developers that create sample libraries.  Of course, NI, the makers of KONTAKT want compensation for their software, so they monetize it through both the initial sale of the sampler and licensing for libraries that use KONTAKT Player. In the instance of the free bell that this thread is about requires that full version. 

• Like 1