In just a few short days...

Bapu

10 hours ago, michaelhanson said:

Do you still have the Rick, Ed?

Yep. And recently I picked up a Jack Cassidy Signature Epi Bass:
1103286682_AllInTheFamilyNew.thumb.jpg.ee4487789f045f1da639488d09417e01.jpg

So the Sting Ray will make a bakers dozen of basses.
And of course I have this little batch of goodies too:
AllInTheFamily2.thumb.jpg.4cf8db30c7f3bef86788019fc21478e8.jpg

29 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

Cheese Louise, that's more basses than I have, and all of mine are virtual.

Bitflipper,  WHY ON EARTH would you need more than 1 Bass vst like fe Cakewalk SI Bass  ?   

Edited by Sheens
  • Great Idea 1

About the only thing I'm considering to add to the bass collection is a Hagstrom 8 String Bass, even though the Line 6 Variax Bass has a model of that. I'm just not real keen on how the Varix neck plays.

image.png.ffffc67f918e8170edec12c12e3395f7.png

Edited by Bapu

Well I was going to do a proper post on this but time got away from me - I'll try and do that soon

I decided to design and build (well, get built) my own Guitar - just got it finally finished yesterday!

Lots of possibilities sound wise /pick up selection wise and I think it looks pretty good!!!!

• Great Idea 1

1 minute ago, Shane_B. said:

I just saw a limited edition Tony Iommi SG.

You could even order a special left handed version.

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Wait a minute. Wasn't he... Isn't he... shouldn't all Tony Iommi guitars be left-handed?
I'm so confused. 😕

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Sheens said:

Bitflipper,  WHY ON EARTH would you need more than 1 Bass vst like fe Cakewalk SI Bass  ?   

You keed, but that's all I've ever used. That and the acoustic bass in TTS-1. It's really good.

*deleted the rest of my drivle.*

They may be old but those SI instruments are very usable. Except for the drums one. That's kind of cheesy IMHO. But the keys, strings, and bass are very usable. And save you hundreds if not thousands in wasted money on sample packs that you'll only ever use 1 or 2 presets of.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

You keed, but that's all I've ever used. That and the acoustic bass in TTS-1. It's really good.

*deleted the rest of my drivle.*

They may be old but those SI instruments are very usable. Except for the drums one. That's kind of cheesy IMHO. But the keys, strings, and bass are very usable. And save you hundreds if not thousands in wasted money on sample packs that you'll only ever use 1 or 2 presets of.

liked the toms of the SI drumkit.....and Session Drummer 3  motown kit's  kick. 

to me kickdrums sounded better with a felt beater and oldschool coated drumhead.

nowadays I just hear plastic, otterly hate it

17 minutes ago, Sheens said:

liked the toms of the SI drumkit.....and Session Drummer 3  motown kit's  kick. 

to me kickdrums sounded better with a felt beater and oldschool coated drumhead.

nowadays I just hear plastic, otterly hate it

SD3 is all I've ever used. That and some free samples someone posted on the Presonus Exchange that worked really well with their built in sampler thingy. They had a great community over there until they locked it down, went mod-poo-crazy, and drove everyone away. Crickets now. I think they're down to 1 cricket actually. I see they even deleted their version of Ed's random thoughts thread. It was larger than Ed's here. They simply deleted the entire 'coffee house' type area. 

Anyway ... the samples in SD3 are as real and good as any I've ever heard. And I can manipulate midi enough to make them sound real-ish. I struggle with drums and bass to be honest. My drums are always linear no matter how hard I try and my bass skills suck. Just being honest. My favorite I always use in SD3 is Groovy Kit Brushes iirc. I've used it so much I have the frequency memorized that produces feedback from the snare mic.

Edited by Shane_B.
Fixed really bad English.
  • Like 1