Cat peed on Keyboard and the State of Education in America

57Gregy

I have my keyboard (MX49) set up in my bedroom studio so I can easily start playing/recording without having to set it up.
A few months ago, my room mate/landlady acquired a new kitten. It's been a good cat, mostly, but the other day I woke up smelling... something. Rolled out of bed and pulled on my socks, and they were wet, and smelling like... something. 
Investigating further, I saw liquid dripping from my keyboard to the floor. I had the foam packaging bag that came with the piano covering it, so the keyboard itself didn't get wet, thankfully.
So I banished the cat from my room and ordered a soft case from GC so I can safely store the 'board in my closet, knowing that the cat would eventually find its way back into the room.
Got the email stating that the package would be delivered the next day (Saturday). 
I was watching some baseball on TV and heard the distinctive sound of a UPS truck coming down the street. I walked to my studio and watched the guy pull up in front of my across-the-street neighbor's house, get out with a box approximately the size of a 49-key soft case, and drop it off on my neighbor's front porch.
Her address is 2225. Mine is 2228. I looked at the label and it was 2228. The guy walked right by the address on the front of her porch in order to place it on her porch and then walked away with a smile on his face.
I suppose he could just need glasses, but that would only help if he could actually read.
In any case (see what I did there?) everything turned out fine; the Yamaha is protected, the socks have been washed and the cat has been scolded.

On 8/24/2021 at 6:53 PM, SteveStrummerUK said:

🙄 Really Strummy?

Mind you, tabby honest, I knew I was going to post something daft.

I find it impussible to resist.

Pfft, who am I kitten - I crack me up.

Oh my..........paws for thought.........

It looks like poor old Strummy is within a whisker of being sent to the punny farm.

Or is he just giving that impression on purrpose?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

After putting his furry legs on opposite corners and bracing himself Strummy lifted up his tail and planted the deepest gooey log ever seen in the litter box .

He sure ain't kitten around .

Kenny

1 hour ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

No Photoshop image to go with that Ken? 🤣

Steve ! I was thinking more along the lines of a scratch and sniff 🤣

Kenny

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2021 at 6:42 PM, 57Gregy said:

Her address is 2225. Mine is 2228. I looked at the label and it was 2228. The guy walked right by the address on the front of her porch in order to place it on her porch and then walked away with a smile on his face.

A while back a friend was sent a new TV as a gift from a relative in USA. The relative bought the TV online from a UK store for delivery and sent said friend the order/invoice in case of any future problems. As luck would have it she happened to be looking out the window when the delivery truck arrived (she lives at the end of a dead end road, so all vehicles not in private driveways have to turn around basically right outside her house (No.7) . She went out to greet him as he lifted the tv out of the truck, but he proceeded to a neighbours house (No.11) with the box. The neighbour was out front anyway and told the driver that there must be some mistake as he hadn't ordered a TV. At this point she caught up and said it was for actually for her. The driver (who was not a 3rd party courier but a direct employee of the retailer) wouldn't give it to her because it said 11 on the box label and not 7. Fair enough ? Maybe so far..... So she showed him the copy of the receipt and also the the email that she had received from his company that morning informing her of it's imminent delivery. The driver was unmoved. She knows the neighbour well enough, so with all three of them standing there, she said, ok then deliver it to him, but he wouldn't do that as the guy had already said it wasn't for him. The driver took the TV away and left saying that she would have to call the retailer and sort it out. She tried this and  was told even though the invoice had all the correct details and it was just the box that was somehow mislabelled that the only solution was to cancel that whole order and raise a new one......except they wouldn't allow her to do that because it was paid for by someone that was not her. So she had to call the relative in USA and ask her to cancel the order and then order it again because the was "nothing" they could do this end even though the mistake was clearly theirs.

Apparently it's called progress.😕

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, paulo said:

Apparently it's called progress.😕

To be fair, one of the most common scams is to order stuff with stolen cards and have it shipped to a different, untraceable-to-the-crook address.

BTW:   "Cat peed on Keyboard" 

It was probably just kitten around.

Music with feline.

Good thing it didn't hit the electronics, that would have been a catastrophe.