Kilohearts Phaseplant Soundbank -FREE Content Bank - "Grattis 2021"

cclarry

3 minutes ago, Hillmy said:

Even though I already have UVI Falcon. I just fed my GAS addiction and got Phase Plant + Toolbox Professional with the upgrade sale. 😆

Good decision, you’ll love the entire Kilohearts ecosphere. 

• Like 2

Using the third preset in this gratis pack "Additivity", if I play some chords the audio in Phase Plant breaks up horribly.  And that's at a crazy 2048 sample size on the ASIO driver.  I see this in both Cakewalk and Nuendo 11 (so it's not just Cakewalk).  I even tried 44.1khz (I normally use 48khz).  I'll admit I haven't played much with Phase Plant since I got it, but this isn't the only patch that seems to have broken audio.  May be a CPU thing (though the Cakewalk meters aren't showing anything crazy.  Nuendo's audio performance meters do redline.

Could be just me, but I thought I'd ask if others are seeing this kind of performance before I go chasing it.

41 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Using the third preset in this gratis pack "Additivity", if I play some chords the audio in Phase Plant breaks up horribly.  And that's at a crazy 2048 sample size on the ASIO driver.  I see this in both Cakewalk and Nuendo 11 (so it's not just Cakewalk).  I even tried 44.1khz (I normally use 48khz).  I'll admit I haven't played much with Phase Plant since I got it, but this isn't the only patch that seems to have broken audio.  May be a CPU thing (though the Cakewalk meters aren't showing anything crazy.  Nuendo's audio performance meters do redline.

Could be just me, but I thought I'd ask if others are seeing this kind of performance before I go chasing it.

The preset is crazy to begin with. I tried playing 3 notes and it was fine. But as soon as I press like 5 notes simultaneously then I get noise and CPU goes to like 50%-60%. 

3 hours ago, Hillmy said:

The preset is crazy to begin with. I tried playing 3 notes and it was fine. But as soon as I press like 5 notes simultaneously then I get noise and CPU goes to like 50%-60%. 

That's exactly what I'm seeing.  Mono notes are fine and even a chord is OK for the first note, but if you play another too fast/overlap them it breaks up big time.  I think it's just Phase Plant/the patch.  I guess Phase Plant isn't very CPU efficient.  It doesn't seem to have any controls for multi-threading either.  I did fine some Microsoft telemetry that I had turned off running (I suspect thanks to the latest Windows updates) but it didn't make any difference.  Getting tried of turning off things multiple ways with every Windows update.