BIAS FX 2 announced

Marc Cormier

Just demoed it. Certainly not as sluggish as other PG products, slick UI, not scalable, but usable. Sounds better than previous versions, but (still) has severe aliasing, audible with high gain settings on high pitched notes. Doesn't perform as good as competing ampsims, which all work fine at 96kHz/16samples on my Scarlett 6i6 1st gen. FX2 works as expected only at 44.1kHz/16 samples. At  other sample rates it becomes a ring modulator or requires higher buffer settings.

Still feels like the initial attack is processed by an SSL type compressor and then fed into all other modules. Definitely wrong approach!

Guitar match is an interesting feature, but considering the price point, I'll stick with Peavey ReValver with similar functionality, better audio quality and clever pricing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/21/2019 at 11:21 PM, Soundwise said:

Just demoed it. Certainly not as sluggish as other PG products, slick UI, not scalable, but usable. Sounds better than previous versions, but (still) has severe aliasing, audible with high gain settings on high pitched notes. Doesn't perform as good as competing ampsims, which all work fine at 96kHz/16samples on my Scarlett 6i6 1st gen. FX2 works as expected only at 44.1kHz/16 samples. At  other sample rates it becomes a ring modulator or requires higher buffer settings.

Still feels like the initial attack is processed by an SSL type compressor and then fed into all other modules. Definitely wrong approach!

Guitar match is an interesting feature, but considering the price point, I'll stick with Peavey ReValver with similar functionality, better audio quality and clever pricing.

Thks for that precise and educated feedback ... , may i ask you if you had to keep one amp sim , witch one would it be ?

You are welcome, Zo! :)

4 hours ago, Zo said:

if you had to keep one amp sim , witch one would it be ?

Frankly, one can make great records with any amp sim. They are all good.  But to me the only one that sounds and feels like the real deal and stands out of the crowd is... right, ReValver.

1 hour ago, Soundwise said:

You are welcome, Zo! :)

Frankly, one can make great records with any amp sim. They are all good.  But to me the only one that sounds and feels like the real deal and stands out of the crowd is... right, ReValver.

Ahah the one i don t have ! 

Thks .