Cherry Audio DCO-106 (Juno 106) $25 Intro Price

ZincT

There does not appear to be a discount if you own the Voltage Modular version. I may have bought it for a nominal price, but I am pretty happy in most cases using it in the modular environment with the extra scope that brings. 

It certainly beats the Roland version on price, where a lifetime license is $149.  Comparing the demo of the Roland with the Cherry Audio modular version I think the Roland has a slight edge on sound, but not 6 times better!  Roland have added a second ADSR envelope but of course in modular there are a huge range of options for modulation.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

There does not appear to be a discount if you own the Voltage Modular version. I may have bought it for a nominal price, but I am pretty happy in most cases using it in the modular environment with the extra scope that brings. 

It certainly beats the Roland version on price, where a lifetime license is $149.  Comparing the demo of the Roland with the Cherry Audio modular version I think the Roland has a slight edge on sound, but not 6 times better!  Roland have added a second ADSR envelope but of course in modular there are a huge range of options for modulation.

I agree that a discount for DCO-60 owners would have been nice.
I was trying to work out the main differences between this and the module version which I also own.

Dan from Cherry summarised it..

The DCO-106 Polyphonic Synthesizer improves on the model that we created for the DCO-60 module, with even more accurate tone, great new effects, and lots of additional features (including chord mode, MPE, detunable unison mode, etc.), in high-performance plug-in and standalone formats.

I'll play around with the demo a bit more and maybe do some comparisons with the module version.

I do wish the demo noise was just silence rather than that awful feedback sound.

I can't see any patch points in the panel. How control and audio can be routed in and out of this thing?

If audio can be routed through the filter and the chorus effect it'd be really nice.

Not much point having this in the modular environment if this is not possible.

2 hours ago, Sergio said:

I can't see any patch points in the panel. How control and audio can be routed in and out of this thing?

If audio can be routed through the filter and the chorus effect it'd be really nice.

Not much point having this in the modular environment if this is not possible.

Two different products, this is a regular VSTi, the version for voltage modular had patch points.

Anyone tried it in Cakewalk yet? I'm having crackles occasionally here on my i5 @2.70 Ghz on some patches like the first one 80's Expression by just playing some chord progression, no difference whether plugin load balancing is on or off. What's strange is the crackle is present no matter if I set ASIO latency to 64 samples or 512... Weird.