Nomad Factor Blue Tubes Bundle

cclarry

5 minutes ago, paulo said:

Does anybody use these? I've never really bothered with them. Is there something in there that I have been  missing out on all these years?

I use NF plugs occasionally. They make things sound very "musical", so to say. Not on par with the newest offerings from top developers, but still hold their own fairly well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If one uses the version bundled with the old SONAR not only are the plug-ins locked to SONAR (and CbB) but they are locked to a point in time. There has been at least one update to the plug-ins. The bundled version is not getting updates. IIRC, there is a problem with the BlueVerb in the version bundled with SONAR.

• Thanks 1

When Sonar went belly-up, the Nomad guys very graciously gave users a deeply discounted upgrade to their stuff.  Sadly, I never used the coupon and it no longer works... 🥺   I DO use Bus Driver fairly often and quite like it, and I'd suspect these have similar saturation algorithms, but that's just a wild-@ss guess... 

• Thanks 1

There are a few of them that I use regularly: Valve Driver (really good for dirtying up a guitar sound and giving it a bit of bite), Tempo Delay (not that I'm short of delays otherwise, but it's different enough), the Analog Phaser (ditto) and the PEQ2B Equaliser (a great Pultec emulator).