Studio One 4.6.2 Has Dropped

LAGinz

Thanks LAGinz!

Change Log here...

New features and improvements:

• Improved ARA chord integration (Melodyne 5 compatibility)
  • Added Quantum 2626 Device Template

Fixes:

• [Ampire] Audible pop on instantiation
  • [Ampire] Loud click when switching thru Wah models
  • [Melodyne] Crash when using “Copy Song Data to Note Assignment”
  • [Presence XT] Sample start modulation shifts loop start as well
  • [Windows] Slow redraw moving less than 51 items
  • [Windows] Crash on duplicating / moving / replacing arranger sections
  • [Windows] Fat Channel Plug-ins not working on certain systems
  • Multi Instruments w/ NoteFX missing Fader/Inserts when recalled
  • Pattern Part “Variations” are not recalled correctly
  • Automation not responding on scroll wheel in Pattern Melodic Mode
  • Menu item “Assign in ascending order” should not appear pipeline’s port menus
  • Redraw problems in Scratchpad timeline
  • Potential crash on playback when an audio event has an invalid length or offset
  • “Tab to Transients” doesn’t work in .multitrack files
  • VST2 plugins do not report key switches
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've always manually downloaded and installed, I like to have the actual files on hand. 

Manually download all the other stuff as well, then on a new machine or fresh install it's just drag and drop or point to the directory they are stored in . . . done. Then I just check for updates for all the extras/addons from within Studio One. The only other thing  I download from within Studio One is new user manuals/Documentation.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ensconced said:

I've always manually downloaded and installed, I like to have the actual files on hand. 

Manually download all the other stuff as well, then on a new machine or fresh install it's just drag and drop or point to the directory they are stored in . . . done. Then I just check for updates for all the extras/addons from within Studio One. The only other thing  I download from within Studio One is new user manuals/Documentation.

You actually do also get the installer exe after you update through the S1 DAW. At least that’s true in Windows, where it should show up in your default download folder.

• Like 1

When I click the check for updates button on the Studio One opening dialog screen, or click that update action, it installs the latest version of Studio One and everything that entails, and deposits the installer application with that version of the changes in my downloads folder.   So, no extra steps needed to archive previous installers (other than to save that downloaded installer file to some drive.)

For me downloading outside Studio One is way faster, like I can manually download and install quicker than from within, but it doesn't matter which way you go as long as you get there. But I'll stick to how I have been doing it forever.

Plus I'm not sure? If doing it from within Studio One itself allows you to install to another folder? That may have been why I don't do it that way, I always install new versions in their own folder along side the previous in case there is any issues I still have the previous version untouched.

Edited by ensconced

There have been some issues experienced by some users. Guess this is always the case with updates, but I may hold off for a few days - especially if I can resist buying Melodyne 5 😂...though that de-esser is hard to ignore!