NI Session Guitarist: Electric Sunburst Deluxe Introduced - $149 or $49 for Upgrade

Reid Rosefelt

$149.    $49 for upgrade.

Essentially this has everything that the original Electric Sunburst has plus a second, playable lead guitar melodic instrument, additional patterns, and a full set of pedals, including Replika and a lot of stuff derived from the Modpack series--chorus, flanger, phaser, etc. Lots of sound presets, a la OTS guitars.

It has 237 patterns and 51 songs. The original had 154 patterns

One thing they don't mention in the video is that it has all the cool voicings from Picked Acoustic, which is my favorite thing about that VI.

More info HERE

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

No mention of a discount for owners of Electric Sunburst.

Thanks Reid.

I own and like the original and it does show an upgrade price of £44 (whatever that in your native currency) and full price of £129.

ESD.jpg.8cda5c34e1fda0a9fe0afa01bd81bea2.jpg

Think I will go for it.

Shame I don't have any e-voucher for once although it would probably be excluded if I did!

Edited by ZincT

13 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Thanks Reid.

I own and like the original and it does show an upgrade price of £44 (whatever that in your native currency) and full price of £129.

ESD.jpg.8cda5c34e1fda0a9fe0afa01bd81bea2.jpg

Think I will go for it.

Shame I don't have any e-voucher for once although it would probably be excluded if I did!

It's $49 for an upgrade, but it says "None of the qualifying products are registered to your account "

Maybe having Komplete 12 Ultimate doesn't count?  You need to buy Electric Sunburst by itself. 
I'm going to check in with them, because I would get it for $49, but otherwise I will wait. 

8 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

It's $49 for an upgrade, but it says "None of the qualifying products are registered to your account "

Maybe having Komplete 12 Ultimate doesn't count?  You need to buy Electric Sunburst by itself. 
I'm going to check in with them, because I would get it for $49, but otherwise I will wait. 

I bought Electric Sunburst along with Picked Acoustic at Christmas but I have also just tried to do the upgrade and got the same "None of the qualifying products are registered to your account ". I checked my account and Electric Sunburst is registered so it must be a mistake. 

I will also contact support.

Edited by ZincT

6 minutes ago, ZincT said:

I bought Electric Sunburst along with Picked Acoustic at Christmas but I have also just tried to do the upgrade and got the same "None of the qualifying products are registered to your account ". I checked my account and Electric Sunburst is registered so it must be a mistake. 

I will also contact support.

I couldn't create a ticket for Support (I kept going around in circles) so I went on the forum.  They have a post announcing it, so I put my comment in there.  Why don't you do the same?

Thanks!

If you haven't used the NI forum before, you need to set up a separate password from the regular NI one. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt

7 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I couldn't create a ticket for Support (I kept going around in circles) so I went on the forum.  They have a post announcing it, so I put my comment in there.  Why don't you do the same?

Thanks!

If you haven't used the NI forum before, you need to set up a separate password from the regular NI one. 

Thanks Reid!

Strangely I just tried it again and for some reason when I selected "Upgrade" from the dropdown it logged me out so I then had to log back in at which point I got the message "As an owner of Session Guitarist - Electric Sunburst you qualify to install and activate this version." So it worked in the end. 

Might be worth retrying as I assume that it should work for you also (as you get Electric Sunburst with K12U).

Edited by ZincT

I clicked on the Buy button then selected the Upgrade option, then logged in and got the same message ZincT got above.

"As an owner of Session Guitarist - Electric Sunburst you qualify to install and activate this version. "

Which means I got the $49 price.  
I bought Session Guitarist separately about a year ago since it wasn't part of the Komplete version I have.

• Like 1

Very frustrating.  After several tries, I still can't make the thing work.   I have no issues making Native Access install other libraries.  Anybody have any ideas for me?

Never mind!   The answer was to update to the latest version of Kontakt.  I wasted all this time making the video!  

Anyway, for all of you, this won't work unless you have Kontakt 6.2.2. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt

24 minutes ago, John Maar said:

I'm still on K9U, so no upgrade pricing for me. Will have to wait until I finally upgrade to the current version of Ultimate. I bought the Kontakt 6 upgrade, so it may be a long time.

Komplete Ultimate 13 will come out this fall.    There will be some great deals on it from Time+Space and other dealers. 

But the best deal will be half price in the summer of 2021.

• 3 years later...
13 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Does the deluxe version allow you to turn off the pattern generator to play a note as it sounds?

I have the original version - is deluxe in general worth the upgrade?

Seems it does with the extra MELODY NKI which earlier Electric Sunburst  did not have

Good review

Edited by aidan o driscoll

1 hour ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Does the deluxe version allow you to turn off the pattern generator to play a note as it sounds?

I have the original version - is deluxe in general worth the upgrade?

It does. It has single note multisamples.  It doesn't have anywhere near the detail of an Orange Tree Samples guitar library,  but if you're not looking for that level of realism, it's okay.

I find the rhythm pattern player/engine useful for ready to go, no fuss simple strumming patterns. If I'm just starting to work on recording something and say a basic 8th note based strumming pattern will help the song feel more full, it can be really helpful. I can do the same patterns and a lot more with Evolution, but there's a lot less presets and creating a new one takes a little time -- and when I'm feeling inspired, those minutes are significant to me. So when I'm just looking to put in a basic, ready to go pattern, Session Guitarist is as simple as it gets. But because the rhythm pattern player is mainly just a loop player, you really have extremely limited options to make any adjustments to a prerecorded loop strumming pattern. But the realism of the single guitar notes in the Deluxe version doesn't compare to the Evolution libraries. I have owned the Deluxe since it came out and I basically never use the single string multisamples for anything but filling in rhythm parts, not for leads. Also, the Deluxe version gives you additional rhythm patterns, so you may find it's worth it for that alone.  

Edited by PavlovsCat

Thanks @PavlovsCat  .. I am a guitarist, so you might wonder WHY would I need a guitar instrument plugin? First out just because ... :D and to learn one. Main reason though is to have a decent enough alt guitar instrument for trying ideas when on my laptop and not in my music room. And also I reckon one could use it as a reverse ideas machine where one might come up with something you might never think of on guitar 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Thanks @PavlovsCat  .. I am a guitarist, so you might wonder WHY would I need a guitar instrument plugin? First out just because ... :D and to learn one. Main reason though is to have a decent enough alt guitar instrument for trying ideas when on my laptop and not in my music room. And also I reckon one could use it as a reverse ideas machine where one might come up with something you might never think of on guitar 

Well, I'd absolutely watch the video. But considering that you're just using this for ideas and not final production, then I'd say then I'd be more inclined to think this could be really good for you -- having the strumming patterns and single notes in one library. So considering that, I bet you'd like it. 

Also, I've heard your music in the past and really liked it.  (My late mother was a very talented musician and music teacher and always told me that whenever you hear or play with another musician that you think is talented, don't hold back -- tell them that, it can mean more to them than you realize. I know that was true of me back when I had talent and now when I don't!). 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

Much thanks for the info and for the compliment .. been at it for LONG time :D .. since the 80s band wise. Always original mainly. Working away on new material at the mo .. slowly .. with all the old gang/same muso's but doing it virtually/cloud .. eg me in Ireland, drummer in Rhode Island - www.colourtide.com 

I also have other guitar instrument plugins from Indiginus - Renegade and  Torch.

And already having the original session guitarist sunburst I can upgr to deluxe for €49

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 1