PA Sub to Own

cclarry

DON'T LIKE SUBSCRIPTIONS?
THEN THIS IS FOR YOU: PA SUB-2-OWN!

Subscribe to the yearly MEGA Bundle and we'll instantly pay you back with a $249.99 voucher which you can redeem anytime during the year. We recommend you use your voucher during one of our quarterly MEGA Sales so you get the most out of your MEGA Bundle subscription.

The best thing about our new Sub-2-Own program: every year after your MEGA Bundle Yearly subscription renews you'll get another $249.99 voucher! So you can easily grow your plugin collection while you can use ALL of our plugins all the time!

Already a MEGA Bundle Yearly Subscriber? Check your inbox later today. You will receive your first $249.99 voucher automatically!

Click here to find out more

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

17 minutes ago, antler said:

Just bear in mind you have to use all of the voucher in one spend

Yup, but anyway it can be nice offer for people who doesn't have any PA plugins or only a little...

Pay $249, have access to all by ~1 year and after it decide (probably at BDF or Christmas) what you can sum up and own from them...

It is not bad idea as it is letting to avoid spending money for lots of plugs which are not really used what I realized usually few months after buy :(

Why I bought such things as boom, some of their amps sims which are annoying me as nothing else with their approach for selecting IRs or bypassing it. Etc...

After year access to everything probably if more clear what is really in use...

I spent last year $300+ (to earn stupid and so far useless $50 voucher) so $250 sounds not so bad... But well, for me it is the past I desire only about 4 PA plugs and I am done. Rest is not in my radar (till they will do again something new and exciting).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Yup, but anyway it can be nice offer for people who doesn't have any PA plugins or only a little...

I actually do agree that this is a fairly good deal: they've even wavered the minimum spend, and mentioned that it's best to use it during a sale.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Piotr said:

I spent last year $300+ (to earn stupid and so far useless $50 voucher) so $250 sounds not so bad... But well, for me it is the past I desire only about 4 PA plugs and I am done

don't forget the "piotr conundrum" (copyright simon 2020 :) )  - there will NEVER be a right time to to actually use your voucher - when all the stars align and the wind is from the south west etc etc.

7 minutes ago, simon said:

don't forget the "piotr conundrum" (copyright simon 2020 :) )  - there will NEVER be a right time to to actually use your voucher - when all the stars align and the wind is from the south west etc etc.

brrr...  please do not recall it 😞  Believe or not I am so stupid to hope this month there will be a possibility for me to use it with any sense :)

Otherwise I will probably write to PA support and ask them... to downgrade my voucher to $25 😧

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, simon said:

@Piotr bear in mind there are a few of us in the same place  :)

it's already the 13th and I'm sitting on my voucher ............

Thanks for a word of consolation :) 

Dirk wrote about their mega sales every quarter so maybe - whatever hard it is - we need a little patience till the nearest mega sale. I didn't buy anything from PA in January why am I not happy about money saving? ;) 

I just realized I really desire only 4 PA plugins and there are 4 quarters so 4 mega sales...

The only question if I am able to pick what I want on those sales...  They can provide such plugins combinations on their big sales they will be not for me again, considering I have lots of their plugs... 🙄

While I’m not gonna go for it as I don’t wanna spend the $250, this looks like a pretty darn good deal to me. This is really what subscription services should be. This does away with the feeling of “once my sub ends I have nothing to show for it” which stops me looking at sub services.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Toffo said:

While I’m not gonna go for it as I don’t wanna spend the $250, this looks like a pretty darn good deal to me. This is really what subscription services should be. This does away with the feeling of “once my sub ends I have nothing to show for it” which stops me looking at sub services.

I don't think there is much wrong with the subscription model for some people - although I don't really believe that the $250 gives you that much extra.  Depending on when you buy it might not even get you 1 plugin.  

I believe the problems with PA are in the way they are pushing that over people who like to "buy outright" (or buy a permanent licence to use) their software.   As you have seen already with the voucher minimum spend, they can, and do, change their terms and conditions whenever they wish.  

Also as somebody who owns most of the PA plugs that they are likely to want there is zero incentive to rent as the price is the same.

My personal feeling is that PA have changed quite a bit over the last few months, their support has been much less 'customer focused' and their main aim is just to maximise profit - and long term revenue.  I have no objection to that as such, everybody deserves to make money from their work, but as somebody who has a lot of money invested in them already I'm disappointed to see this change of focus.  Even our monthly vouchers are hard to spend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Toffo said:

Melda has a sub that's pricey it's basically a credit plan.   I guess if I were to do a plugin sub I'd go with Kilohearts.