​🗑️​Bapu's Random Thoughts For The Day

Bapu

17 minutes ago, rfssongs said:

Ahh but now there is wireless.....You can be replaced.

Off brand wireless price range is ~ $159, name brand wireless mid range is $300-$500. Top shelf range is $1000.

Fender 30 foot guitar cable $43

🙂 

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

Off brand wireless price range is ~ $159, name brand wireless mid range is $300-$500. Top shelf range is $1000.

Fender 30 foot guitar cable $43

🙂 

Medical bill for tripping over chord and breaking a leg: $2,000... 😜

Back in 2001, I used to have two wireless setups for guitar so that my friends from work could come over and jam with me in the little bedroom I had set up.  Made it much easier!

The room:

01a.jpg

And two of these!

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

man oh man, look at those HUGH computer monitors!

That was a lot of screen real estate back then, ya?

Now I have to "settle" for a 40" in one room and a (new) 43" in another room... *Sigh...* 🙄

🤣

19 hours ago, Bapu said:

man oh man, look at those HUGH computer monitors!

I know... you think he was going over board!!?

Look, he even has a fruit bowl set up for his guest!! At 2:12 in the afternoon!!

Edited by Grem

Since I play one-nighters, I refrain from using wireless.

Years ago, I bought a wireless mic. We were playing at a yacht club, and in another room, they were holding a trivia contest. The problem was the house mic and my mic were on the same frequency, and as soon as they turned it on and started shouting “Testing”, we were playing a soft tune in the dinner set.

If our cable goes over an area where someone can trip on it, get out the blue tape.

Notes ♫

59 minutes ago, Grem said:

I know... you think he was going over board!!?

Look, he even has a fruit bowl set up for his guest!! At 2:12 in the afternoon!!

The "fruit" are all percussion shakers.  I used to give them to my friend's kids to use (in another room) while we were jamming.  I just gave that bowl to a different friend a few months ago!  😁

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

Since I play one-nighters, I refrain from using wireless.

Years ago, I bought a wireless mic. We were playing at a yacht club, and in another room, they were holding a trivia contest. The problem was the house mic and my mic were on the same frequency, and as soon as they turned it on and started shouting “Testing”, we were playing a soft tune in the dinner set.

If our cable goes over an area where someone can trip on it, get out the blue tape.

Notes ♫

This is what you can get away with when you don't have a few drunken band members to deal with! 😆

• 2 weeks later...