"Stasis" ambient drone with guitar

Rikfr

Hi All, I was going to call it "Status Quo"  , but I was two chords short 😉 As the title says not a lot going on, guitar is in tune though 😉

Rik

• Like 3

Hi Rik

Definitely some tasty Guitar in this - I think as Wookie said, perhaps just a little more modulation on the drone could be good - obviously not a sea sick inducing amount, just a soupcon would suffice in my humble opinion😎

cool

Nigel

• Great Idea 1

Hi Nigel, humble opinion ?Soupcon ? Mr. fancy pants rockstar 😁  I'll have you know, I literally spend minutes making this drone. Copying a short loop, by hand till my finger bled ,mind you, for minutes in driving rain and headwind, both ways  on a bicycle with wooden tires  😉

Rik

Hey Rik, gotta agree a little more motion to that drone. If I’m honest, at 6:14; too long for me. 

On 4/21/2024 at 4:57 AM, Rikfr said:

driving rain and headwind, both ways  on a bicycle with wooden tires

Love that!

t

• Haha 1

Hi Tom, thanks for the LONG listen 😉 Be careful what you wish for 😱

Credit where credit's due,  it was my dad's standard answer when I thought I had it bad as a kid,  when I was your age...fingers to the bone.... in driving rain..headwind both ways.... on a bicycle with wooden tires  , yes dad 😁

Rik

Nice wide field to play around in.  Plus, in tune counts for something!  I saw a funny comic about that.  I don't know if everyone has the g-string problems I always have on pretty much every guitar.  It's a picture of a guitar with each string getting a voice bubble of 'Nice Job' except for the G string getting one saying 'Not you!'.  

• Haha 1