The Last Farewell (re-mastered)

garybrun

I just recently bought myself the new I.K. Multimedia ARC Studio and believe I am hearing more details in my Focal Trio 6's.
I would value your thoughts and comments.

Or Sound Cloud.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Edited by garybrun
  • Like 9

46 minutes ago, Supa Reels said:

Great sound here Gary great mix too. Only one crit there seems to be a tad too much high end on the vox .. but.

ATB

Steve

Thank you for the listen and comments Steve.

To be honest I cant here the high end being oven done.
But I'm willing to hear other opinions on that  🙂
But we all paint different pictures.highend.thumb.png.3e80f00c590d175fe8dda4bb76d3650a.png

WhOo no dig mate, but godda say it's not what you see .. more what you hear ...  I see from the graph the 1 and2k are in scope, strange 'cause I still feel the vox is a little toppy on the 'S' & 'Ts'

Just my cans I spose

Love ya man 🤪

Steve

2 hours ago, Supa Reels said:

WhOo no dig mate, but godda say it's not what you see .. more what you hear ...  I see from the graph the 1 and2k are in scope, strange 'cause I still feel the vox is a little toppy on the 'S' & 'Ts'

Just my cans I spose

Love ya man 🤪

Steve

@Supa Reels
Hi Steve.
I never saw it as a dig at all mate.. honest.
It may not be... you maybe correct.
That's why I'm waiting for other opinions.

I love all the feedback from everyone..  I never get offended by anything that's why I ask.
Cheers for coming back with the feedback.
All the best as always,

Gary

• Thanks 1

Powerful vocal here. As to the top end. I am new to hearing aids. Mine hype the top end, that’s where I’m deficient. When listening to music I pull the top end down a bit. Still trying to find the “sweet spot”. My “knackered” ears felt the vocal sat nicely in the mix. But don’t take that to the “bank”. 
👍 ‘s 👏

t

fir some reason SC hates my iPhone. Left a like and comment, looks like the “like” registered, but not the comment. Stupid SC…

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Like 1

Hi Gary, just listened to Roger Whittaker's version, and this compares very well, vocal not as bright as Whittaker's,  strings and brass a bit mellower on the 70's version.IMHO 😉

Rik

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Powerful vocal here. As to the top end. I am new to hearing aids. Mine hype the top end, that’s where I’m deficient. When listening to music I pull the top end down a bit. Still trying to find the “sweet spot”. My “knackered” ears felt the vocal sat nicely in the mix. But don’t take that to the “bank”. 
👍 ‘s 👏

t

fir some reason SC hates my iPhone. Left a like and comment, looks like the “like” registered, but not the comment. Stupid SC…

Sorry to know about that t ... at 73 and with my history I don't hear so well either... As my right lug is well low, my studio is pumped on the right to give me the same balance  ... If I popped my clogs I don't think anyone would get it .. but at that point I wouldn't care LOL

All the Best

Steve 😉

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Martin Bannet said:

Man, this brings back memories. One of the last songs I ever sang for my mom. A classic of classics. Great job and wonderful to hear. Lovely, well-mixed voice 'n band/instruments. Thanks so much! 🙂😁

Thank you so much Martin.
I also decided to do it for my grandparents who are no longer here.
Just reminded me so much about them.. they loved Roger W.

Hi Gary

I think this sounds good to me - i did hear a little of what Steve mentioned say after around 3 minutes, particularly on the S's- apart from that I thought this was excellent

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Gary

I think this sounds good to me - I did hear a little of what Steve mentioned say after around 3 minutes, particularly on the S's- apart from that I thought this was excellent

Cheers

Nigel

Thanks for the listen and comment.
I sent this off to a professional mastering engineer to see how much difference it would make and to get a tonal profile.
You can see in the images posted above..  I'm not far of his.
Which I am pleased to see  🙂
The around 3 minute mark is where I believe he is trying to give ebb and flow in his master.

Well done Steve and thanks for pointing it out.
I really appreciate all the comments and suggestions...  this is how we get better at our craft.

Thanks

Gary

P.s.  For those who are just learning mixing etc.
This is a great way to learn critical listening...  you can go back over peoples comments and see if you get what they are saying.
Love this site.

I’m confused Gary. Non master is your original mix? The “re-master” is the professional master?

I was under the impression that the re-master was done on the ARC Studio. 
I would have to hear them both at the same volume, louder always wins; right?

t