The Last Farewell (re-mastered)

garybrun

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

I’m confused Gary. Non master is your original mix? The “re-master” is the professional master?

I was under the impression that the re-master was done on the ARC Studio. 
I would have to hear them both at the same volume, louder always wins; right?

t

First one is my mix..
Second one is done by a professional mastering engineer.

I hear more details on my new ARC system.
I have level matched both tracks myself..
I was wondering what people hear.

I havnt said it... but I prefer my own mix..  which surprised me.
You can see by the tonal profile posted there is not much in it  (except matching for CD loudness.. and going through some analogue mastering gear)  But I come away as a happy bunny as my tonal profile is near to a top mastering engineer  🙂

Edited by garybrun
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, garybrun said:

Which one do you prefer?

I didn't want to say it but the non master. Like I said not a lot of difference but I'm not listening on my best headphones today so could be way off.

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2024 at 2:42 PM, garybrun said:

I just recently bought myself the new I.K. Multimedia ARC Studio and believe I am hearing more details in my Focal Trio 6's.
I would value your thoughts and comments

--------------

I really like your vocal on this one.  I have no new input on the mix - it sounds well done to me.  The orchestral parts are well done in the mix.

Steve

Thanks in advance,

Gary

10 hours ago, KSband said:

I didn't want to say it but the non master. Like I said not a lot of difference but I'm not listening on my best headphones today so could be way off.

@KSband
Thank you for the feedback... that's very helpful.

1 hour ago, Old Joad said:

God, my Mother played Roger Whittaker's version to death, so I'm going to say throw a dart and pick a version they are all good.

I like the way your voice broke up.👍🏼

Thanks for the listen and comments.
Yes the voice did break up..  and it wasn't put on either.
The voice was just one take and I kept it.

Thanks again.

Gary

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bapu said:

The soundcloud version does have a better overall EQ feel to me. I have hearing aids too. I keep them in while listening on Sennheiser HD600s.

Thanks for the listen and feed back.
Appreciated.

Gary

10 hours ago, Kevin Walsh said:

I like 'em both, old school instruments and arrangements with a fine vocal performance.  Loved it. Really takes me back. Great job , gary!

Thanks Kevin for the listen and comments.

Gary

Gary, I actually like either version which just shows that there are many interpretations of a classic that are viable.  I use ARC 3 software;  I wonder if there's a big enough difference in the hardware version vs. the software version of ARC to be worth upgrading to.  You have proven the worth of the system!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lynn Wilson said:

Gary, I actually like either version which just shows that there are many interpretations of a classic that are viable.  I use ARC 3 software;  I wonder if there's a big enough difference in the hardware version vs. the software version of ARC to be worth upgrading to.  You have proven the worth of the system!

There is not a lot of difference I don't think.
I was a Sonarworks user but wasn't quite into the workflow.
ARC System 4 gives me the things I need.
I don't have to engage a plugin to listen to Spotify or other stuff nor forget to switch it off.
Its always corrected.

To be honest I nearly bought the Trinitov...   but couldn't justify it as I'm hobby based and don't make a living out of this,.  just love good sound and music.

Thanks for the listen and comments mate.