So I'm playing with the new Sonar

1 hour ago, Kevin Walsh said:

I should be more careful with my words. As the project plays, the now marker "freezes" at a point for perhaps half a second rather than tracking smoothly with the current sample. It then jumps to the current sample and freezes there again, and so on. It is continually playing catch up.

Sounds like CPU Conservation Mode, toggled on/off by the Pause key, reducing UI updates to one/second. Will affect meters as well as the Now Cursor.

• Like 1

I have to give credit to the Bakers for putting up with all the craziness of the forum pre-release of Sonar. No matter how clear and obvious something is said, people can still take it the wrong way and read into things that don't exist. All this and you still have to act professional and all that. You guys should at least be paid in cake (pun intended) for this alone, LOL! 😛🤣

10 hours ago, Kevin Walsh said:

I should be more careful with my words. As the project plays, the now marker "freezes" at a point for perhaps half a second rather than tracking smoothly with the current sample. It then jumps to the current sample and freezes there again, and so on. It is continually playing catch up. 

I should also note that I don't notice any stuttering in smaller projects with fewer tracks and no or few virtual instruments.

My display is an LG Ultrawide set to 3440 X 1440 at 85hz refresh rate.

Windows scaling is set to 125%. 

GPU is an AMD Radeon RX580 series.

System is an AMD 3950x-based tower with 64gb of ram and a bunch os Samsung nvme ssd's.

That was a preexisting issue that was also in CbB. In the next update as shown in my video this should be improved a lot.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2024 at 4:51 AM, Heath Row said:

To me releasing or half releasing or whatever it is they have done, and only having 2 subscriptions I mean memberships

To be fair, when Cakewalk introduced the "membership" label, it was because the software was rent-to-own. Even though you paid monthly, eventually you would own Sonar outright. At the time, "subscription" meant you paid or the program went belly up.  I think subscription still has the same meaning today.  They wanted to differentiate between the two.

Edited by Craig Anderton
fixed indefinite noun
  • Like 2

Why are people so dang worried about the cost? Please everyone, the day is coming soon when you will know the answer so why waist brain cells even thinking about it.

Cakewalk is still free, Use it. 

If you want to try Sonar create a Bandlab Backstage pass and use it.

The Backstage pass for Bandlab membership  is just like all the other Music delivery sites. You pay monthly or annually they are all like that. I think I paid $30 for an annual Membership to Distrokid. 

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, John Vere said:

Why are people so dang worried about the cost? Please everyone, the day is coming soon when you will know the answer so why waist brain cells even thinking about it.

Cakewalk is still free, Use it. 

If you want to try Sonar create a Bandlab Backstage pass and use it.

The Backstage pass for Bandlab membership  is just like all the other Music delivery sites. You pay monthly or annually they are all like that. I think I paid $30 for an annual Membership to Distrokid. 

Unfortunately a lot of people have foggy brain cells now days.

Edited by Hillmy
¯\_(ツ)_/¯