IK Release ARC 4 and ARC 4 Studio

cclarry

@mibby the ARC studio box is a global solution the EQ correction is in the Studio box, once configured and saved to the box you no longer need the ARC software or the USB connection to the box. That is only required if you want try the alternative profiles like smartphone or 49" TV etc.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mibby said:

Windows USB Apollo does NOT have the I/O Routing Matrix that makes this possible

No, the USB version does not have the routing options the Apollo Thunderbolt has.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, mibby said:

You can set up profiles for each speaker system.  But I guess if you have them all running a the same time...  On the other hand, it's really only when you're mixing that you need the correction, so maybe you could use it for your control room?

Wouldn't that require a monitor controller as well as the Studio box? That may be an added expense some folks may not want. It only has one ST I/O. I would think you'd have to run mains out to the box and then to a controller to switch between different speakers. Also, you would then have to open the software to switch profiles. A bit clunky for a multi-monitor setup. A system-wide software solution is a more elegant solution, I think.

I still think Arc Studio is a great idea for a one monitor pair setup. Perfect for a little workstation rig.

• Like 1

I think I'm fine with ARC3. I have a particular flow when exporting, which is switching on dithering, hitting the dim switch on my RME remote and disabling ARC. Works fine. I think I forget to disable it once every 20 exports. The CPU hit is minimal. I don't know what my advantage of upgrading would be.

Edit: People on Gearspace seem to say that the upgraded algorithm sounds better. Soooo, maybe I will upgrade. I'm not looking forward to doing the measurements again though.

Edited by Nick Blanc

11 hours ago, Tommy Byrnes said:

Wouldn't that require a monitor controller as well as the Studio box? That may be an added expense some folks may not want. It only has one ST I/O. I would think you'd have to run mains out to the box and then to a controller to switch between different speakers. Also, you would then have to open the software to switch profiles. A bit clunky for a multi-monitor setup. A system-wide software solution is a more elegant solution, I think.

I still think Arc Studio is a great idea for a one monitor pair setup. Perfect for a little workstation rig.

Good point - I totally agree. But wouldn't a software solution be a better for a little workstation rig too? 🙂