Softube snag Overstayer M-A-S for just $89. 💥

cclarry

I'd buy if I didn't already own it.  

One of my top 3 saturators/distortion plug ins.  Also works in Modular(big deal to me) and Amp Room.  The add on's are also great.  

But yeah, $90 on sale can be a bit much for some.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e-cue said:

I'd buy if I didn't already own it.  

One of my top 3 saturators/distortion plug ins.  Also works in Modular(big deal to me) and Amp Room.  The add on's are also great.  

But yeah, $90 on sale can be a bit much for some.

Out of curiosity, what are the other two?

3 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Out of curiosity, what are the other two?

Cranesong Phoenix & Acoustica Taupe.  It'll probably change next week, and then change back the week after.  

I use the Kush one knob series a lot, Decapitator, and the Black Box Analog Design HG-2 but for more specialized applications.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, e-cue said:

Cranesong Phoenix & Acoustica Taupe.  It'll probably change next week, and then change back the week after.  

I use the Kush one knob series a lot, Decapitator, and the Black Box Analog Design HG-2 but for more specialized applications.  

Some great choices there and I'm the same, the top 3 would change every week.. haha.. 

I've used them all apart from Phoenix. They're all surprising quite different either in sound, or features. I might have to give Overstayer a demo at some stage just out of curiosity.

16 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Some great choices there and I'm the same, the top 3 would change every week.. haha.. 

I've used them all apart from Phoenix. They're all surprising quite different either in sound, or features. I might have to give Overstayer a demo at some stage just out of curiosity.

Phoenix is a dead giveaway that I'm a PT user.  Still- Dave Hill (rest in peace) was one of my fav gear designers and I think he hit a slam dunk with it.  I've used it, literally, on every mix I've done since it came out unless I was in a situation where I didn't have access to it.  It too is pricey.  Dark Essence; Opal- absolutely broke any threshold I had about mixing ITB.  

As for the MAS- I was familiar with the hardware unit so diving into the software version was real easy for me.  

I tend to use both of these for subtle changes that add up within a mix, where the others are like "Okay, I'll add the Kush Neve to my snare and, holy moley- that sounds thick and full now!".  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2024 at 1:08 PM, e-cue said:

Phoenix is a dead giveaway that I'm a PT user.  Still- Dave Hill (rest in peace) was one of my fav gear designers and I think he hit a slam dunk with it.  I've used it, literally, on every mix I've done since it came out unless I was in a situation where I didn't have access to it.  It too is pricey.  Dark Essence; Opal- absolutely broke any threshold I had about mixing ITB.  

As for the MAS- I was familiar with the hardware unit so diving into the software version was real easy for me.  

I tend to use both of these for subtle changes that add up within a mix, where the others are like "Okay, I'll add the Kush Neve to my snare and, holy moley- that sounds thick and full now!".  

That is indeed a dead giveaway, but sounds like a great plugin so not a bad thing on this occasion at all.

Makes perfect sense about MAS and some of the Kush ones can be like that! Thanks for all your thoughts on it and the info.