Waiting On a Train

noynekker

Hey all you Cakewalkers . . . here's another collaboration I've done with Mark Alan Skinner. I had this strumming acoustic guitar piece in my studio for a while , and just couldn't take it much further. Was trying to record a sampled mandolin part, which wasn't working right . . . so I sent a mix to Mark, who can actually play a mandolin ! Well, a few weeks go by and Mark recorded an acoustic guitar, a mandolin, and an upright bass . . . yeah, that's me singing and strum whacking acoustic guitar in the background. What can I say, the piece was transformed. Let us know what you think, and how the mix translates . . .

• Like 5

Hi

What a wonderful collaboration

the song flows & has a really good drive to it The Guitars & vocals /harmonies

are well thought out

i had the pleasure of doing a collaboration with Mark & it was a fantastic & learning experience

he has so much talent & also willing to think outside the box on Genres that are not common to him

Together you make a excellent team & it shows in this song

subvibe 

• Like 3

Bruce , (again) .. I really enjoyed working with you !  You always challenge me , and I love putting in fill parts behind an already well written and performed song. 

I'm Really looking forward to a video.  Hope you get to use the Canadian Cowboy on the song cover art .. 

mark

• Like 1

Fantastic! Being a long time bluegrass and country player this is very refreshing to hear something that’s in my radar of good music. Lots of great details in the mix. This totally reminds me of the Blue Dogs. Look them up. 
You would  be famous if it was 30 years ago! 

16 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Fantastic! Being a long time bluegrass and country player this is very refreshing to hear something that’s in my radar of good music. Lots of great details in the mix. This totally reminds me of the Blue Dogs. Look them up. 
You would  be famous if it was 30 years ago! 

@John Vere . . . thanks so much John for listening and your comment. Yes, Mark heard my demo and thought this would work well as a Bluegrass song, and he was so right,  and has the guitar chops to do it . . . glad you liked it, and I'll check out Blue Dogs. I was famous 30 years ago . . . I had an album that went plywood in my neighbourhood. (snare, kick, crash !!)

• Like 1