Arc 3 $49.99

jude77

55 minutes ago, Wyley said:

I've always just used REW and Equalizer APO.

Anyone have any thoughts on how this would be better? Worse?

I can't comment on the difference. I was planning on learning to use REW before I got ARC but needed a mic. I picked up ARC3 with the mic out of convenience and to get into one of the Group Buys.  But that said, ARC3 was very user friendly.

Would you have links to some tutorials or tips you could pass along for REW? 

2 minutes ago, mibby said:

I can't comment on the difference. I was planning on learning to use REW before I got ARC but needed a mic. I picked up ARC3 with the mic out of convenience and to get into one of the Group Buys.  But that said, ARC3 was very user friendly.

Would you have links to some tutorials or tips you could pass along for REW? 

REW is a bit of a bear to get into. Once you get the hang of it though, it's really powerful.

This video will get you started: 

• Thanks 1

I use REW, a behringer measurement mic and then my digital mixer to flatten the image. Just a note for all of these room compensation things, They really only optimize the sound in a very small area where your head should be.  If you move around the room it can actually make things worse.  I have calibration EQs for several positions in the room if I want to be in a different place.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, reginaldStjohn said:

I use REW, a behringer measurement mic and then my digital mixer to flatten the image. Just a note for all of these room compensation things, They really only optimize the sound in a very small area where your head should be.  If you move around the room it can actually make things worse.  I have calibration EQs for several positions in the room if I want to be in a different place.

You can make different profiles with ARC3. It takes a little while because you have to do the whole measurement process a couple of times, but you could easily make a different profile for every position you would be in. I tried this with my door open and closed. It made some difference but not a lot. I guess it would make a bigger difference when in another position. So I'm going to make another profile for when I'm 1,5 meters away at my synth stand.