PA Big saving on all Brainworx made plugins

cclarry

Wanted to get console AMEK. But regrettably it has no direct value input and for a channel strip this is crucial for me (have some others that support it)! I'll pass!

Other than that there are only bits and bobs that I don't have and are interested in a bit! So no PA again!

• 2 weeks later...

So thinking of buying something with that $10 off, since I can live with paying $19 .

What's the real difference between Masterdesk, Masterdesk Pro, Masterdesk True Peak? Any reason to even think about True Peak if you own Pro?

What's the difference between Shadow Hills - Mastering Compressor and Shadow Hills - Mastering Compressor Class A?

Edited by Kirean
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kirean said:

So thinking of buying something with that $10 off, since I can live with paying $19 .

What's the real difference between Masterdesk, Masterdesk Pro, Masterdesk True Peak? Any reason to even think about True Peak if you own Pro?

What's the difference between Shadow Hills - Mastering Compressor and Shadow Hills - Mastering Compressor Class A?

Re: shadow hills—I have had both since dirk’s big giveaway a few years ago. I think they color the sound a little differently but too subtle for me to tell how. but GUI wise the L/R sides can both be linked/adjusted simultaneously on class A, while you have to manually adjust each side independently with the non class a version

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kirean said:

I believe I remember seeing that green is smoother; red has a more aggressive edge.

5 hours ago, Kirean said:

No reason to get Peak if you have Pro on Masterdesk (unless you like less option interface I think)

If you don't have either of the Shadow Hills, "A" is the more premium option with additional features and a resizable UI.  They do sound different.  Overall Class A can tend to be more tube warmth ish, which also means it can sound muddy on some sections.   I tend to use it when I want a little flavor, and pick a different family if I want transparent.  

I use IRON which is also the same price more than Green.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

No reason to get Peak if you have Pro on Masterdesk (unless you like less option interface I think)

Cheers for the answers! Appreciated.

I feel it's a bit silly to have overlapping products like that at exact same price points (msrp doesn't count.) 

9 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Cheers for the answers! Appreciated.

I feel it's a bit silly to have overlapping products like that at exact same price points (msrp doesn't count.) 

The price depends on what you have in some cases here.  For me they show up as $30 and $50.