How to disable this new Sonar splash screen when launching Cakewalk?

tdehan

On 2/6/2024 at 2:32 PM, tdehan said:

There is absolutely no reason that we should have to constantly be hit in the face with this annoying splash screen reminding us of that!  Right?  This is an absolutely terrible user experience.  There either should be a counter that only shows this splash screen a few times and then not again or the abilty to turn off this annoying splash screen!

On 2/6/2024 at 4:43 PM, tdehan said:

I am very aware that it is common for free apps that have an upgrade path to display such messaging.  However, I am also aware that such messages will either stop displaying after so many times or will have the ability to turn them off

Exactly, and also CbB situation is little different as is only now that there will be an upgrade path and this message is introduced, not from the start. I mean, I would like to use a product that I know that in it's free version has a reminder screen? Good it's my choice, if it's ok and I'm ok with this limitation,no problem, I'm using a free product with this limitation but I can live with it and who knows maybe in future I choose to upgrade to the paid version. But I know this before...

On 2/6/2024 at 3:16 PM, Jesse Jost said:

Yep, I totally get wanting to operate offline. And of course you can,  but currently if you're restarting often then of course you'll get the screen. But as I said, I'm sure we can make refinements to improve this use case

Maybe also consider that CbB has never had a requirement to work online. I understand the speech "we want to add a reminder to make everyone know the new Sonar" but in this way it doesn't make sense, it seems only an introduced limitation of usability (introduced only now) that you can remove by switching to the paid version...the crossing line is thin.

CbB only asked to renew the activation after a fairly long time and in two ways:put online the PC on which it was installed and renew or alternatively use another PC through the offline procedure. It shouldn't have been similar also now? Why 20 seconds of wait at every start for being offline? At least as others have said, add the option to remove it after a number of views. It is clear that we say after 20,30,50 views I have already been informed that the new Sonar also exists, why continue "remember" me? Then leave enough long time for renew the activation as it has always been, moreover it does not seem to me that this have created problems for anyone.

Edited by Ronny.G

On 2/7/2024 at 2:20 PM, Sergio Miranda said:

Solution to disable the "new" Sonar splash screen: reinstall a previous version of Cakewalk.

Is it recommended? No.

Does it solve the problem? Yes.

Where can I find the installer of a previous version, keeping in mind that my system is offline?

They will still be in your download folder unless you deleted them. Otherwise they are no longer available from Bandlab. 
I have always copied my Downloads folder to a back up drive before I clear it out. You never know! 
But we are told you can no longer activate those. 

Edited by John Vere

22 hours ago, profwacko said:

Where can I find the installer of a previous version, keeping in mind that my system is offline?

Just like John Vere said: "They will still be in your download folder" or you can download to a pen (from an online system) the "rollback" installers here: https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/33-product-release-info/

and then install in your offline system.

Edited by Sergio Miranda

22 hours ago, John Vere said:

But we are told you can no longer activate those versions so no point.

I installed version 2022.11 and no need to activate it again (just like you do when install a rollback).
By the way,  don't believe everything you are told... try for yourself!

Edited by Sergio Miranda
  • Like 1

@John Vere

I also have my copy of Sonar X3 and installed it on my performing Surface tablet today.  I am thinking your suggestion of using it live instead of CbB however, I am running into some issues.  When I launch Sonar X3  I get 3 pop up windows. 

The first one says: Cannot open MASTER.INS. No instrument definitions will be available.
I have no idea what the MASTER.INS is.  I am not using any instrument definitions when performing live as I am only loading Cakewalk Project files with  one .wav file each.

The second one says (after loading a project file containing one .wav file):  File Info: Project file version 17.0.0, authored using Cakewalk version 20.09.0.075. This file was saved from a more recent software version. It may sound different form the original, if new features were used while authoring it.  Overwriting this file with the same name will cause loss of these features.

And the third one says:   Transients are in the process of being generated. Depending upon project settings, playback may be different until the process is complete.

Not sure what any of this means but curious how you have gotten around these messages using Sonar X3 live.

Sonar.jpg

Sonar 2.jpg

Sonar 3.jpg

A few things. 2nd one first as this is one I’m certain of. 
You will always get that message the first time you open a project created on a newer version. It will go away from then on.  It’s only warning you that things might have changed. It’s generally harmless. 
The INST definition warning is something you can look up. I’ve never seen that it applies to VST instruments but you said your only using a Audio track? 
The transient being generated is because at some point you used either a regional effect or Audio Snap in the project and it never got bounced or rendered. 
Possibly the project needs some housekeeping to clean up left over garbage. 
One  way to do that is use Save As. Copy Audio box checked. 
Open the Track Manager and make sure there’s no hidden tracks. 

Question, why do you use Cakewalk if all you are using is a stereo audio track? Are you also running live Midi from a controller? 

Edited by John Vere

@John Vere

Yes, I am only using a .wav audio track.

I am using Cakewalk because I can create a Playlist that loads the next tune but waits for me to initiate playback.  What do you use?

I am also still using Cakewalk because I am planning to have a very brief MIDI track at the beginning of each tune to change the Patch on the keyboard automatically without me having to do it at the beginning of each tune.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tdehan said:

@John Vere

Yes, I am only using a .wav audio track.

I am using Cakewalk because I can create a Playlist that loads the next tune but waits for me to initiate playback.  What do you use?

I am also still using Cakewalk because I am planning to have a very brief MIDI track at the beginning of each tune to change the Patch on the keyboard automatically without me having to do it at the beginning of each tune.

When I played live, I used one of these for sending MIDI patch / volume / pan / sysex information at the beginning of each song:

image.png.871d8b5bae7d7d7d49a00665a3c6c3f7.png

I've still got two of them, and they're rock solid.  My floppies from the early 90's still play without issue.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 6:50 PM, OutrageProductions said:

Unless you've been under a rock, you may have noticed that the Bakers have been on an extended hiatus from this forum since shortly after the last release... and certainly aren't going to extend any effort in creating a patch for this incredibly minor inconvenience. 

Don't sweat the small stuff.

...apparently one should never underestimate the Bakers, who clearly sweat the small stuff and listen to the community. ;) :D

Check out the 2024.02 Early Access!

Edited by GreenLight
  • Like 1