Space Rackets that are simply (?) beautiful (?)

Bapu

• Bapu changed the title to Space Rackets that are simply (?) beautiful (?)
3 hours ago, craigb said:

f5d58532b78513c1c4a6f58252c6b150c109e8df

I don't know why, but I also heard he was going to build a giant state of the art aircraft carrier for the Navy and load it with a bunch of ... no ... no, I can't. (My inner voice, "Shane! Back away from the keyboard!)

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I don't know why, but I also heard he was going to build a giant state of the art aircraft carrier for the Navy and load it with a bunch of ... 

Potentially enormous Naval interestingly shaped erect spaceships? 😁

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, craigb said:

Potentially enormous Naval interestingly shaped erect spaceships? 😁

I hope the Navy adopts that name. If there was a public vote on a name John Oliver would marshal his fans to vote for it.

Case in point:

John Oliver, a British-American comedian and talk show host, campaigned for the Australasian crested grebe or pūteketeke to win New Zealand’s Bird of the Century contest. The pūteketeke is a diving water bird with a slim neck, sharp beak, and an orange mullet. It is known for carrying its young on its back, sharing chick-rearing responsibilities, and eating its own feathers to induce vomiting as a method to expel parasites  The bird has a chorus of grunts, growls, and barks and engages in an elaborate set of mating dances, including the “w*e*e*d dance” where the birds offer each other water w*e*e*d and the “ghostly penguin” where they rise chest to chest.

John Oliver’s campaign included buying up billboards in New Zealand, Japan, France, the UK, India, and the US state of Wisconsin. A plane with a pūteketeke campaign banner also flew over the beaches of Rio de Janeiro in Brazil. His campaign caused a surge of votes and donations for the contest, as well as some controversy among local bird lovers who prefer other native species. The competition, run by environmental organization Forest & Bird, normally attracts just under 60,000 votes, but this year those figures leapt to 350,000 across 195 countries, with 290,374 of those going to the pūteketeke 3. The pūteketeke was crowned New Zealand’s bird of the century winner after the competition was inundated with votes, following Oliver’s announcement during an episode of Last Week Tonight in the US, that he was appointing himself the official campaign manager for the pūteketeke.

Sheesh! The word W.E.E.D. (without the periods) is a no-no word?

Edited by Bapu

On 1/27/2024 at 7:45 AM, Shane_B. said:

I don't know why, but I also heard he was going to build a giant state of the art aircraft carrier for the Navy and load it with a bunch of ... no ... no, I can't. (My inner voice, "Shane! Back away from the keyboard!)

Seamen?

• Haha 2

Bapu getting in shape for a journey into the outer reaches of Space where all the Intelligent life forms and Aliens need Lava Lamps for their studios .

uoFKpwG.jpeg

Time to go ! His Limo ride to the launch site is here :D

mNheXIA.jpeg

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1