Down To Earth

Treblecock Studio

That weird percussion in the beginning  was an ultrasound recording of Adam's baby's heartbeat a day before she joined us in person.  His impending new deal as a father lead him to ponder the circle of life and mortality.  The video comes with visuals of a child's perspective.  I really love the drummer's expressive take with a hint of swing to get the hips moving a little bit.  I recorded and produced and performed the bass as a bonus because I really love the song.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Wookiee said:

"Fake a smile", interesting lyric, nice song, cool groove.  I like this.

Adam and I have songwriting contests all the time. One of us comes up with a song title then we both write our own version and who's ever is best, we record.  We always record his version haha

On 1/19/2024 at 10:18 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Nice gentle track and enjoyed the video

Cool

Nigel

Thank you. We are going to have a go at a puppet shadow music video next

On 1/19/2024 at 1:22 PM, jack c. said:

sounds real fine.jack c

Thanks Jack

Edited by Treblecock Studio

Nice slice of Americana/folk rock, I like it. Got a little Levon Helm vibe to your vocals, that can't be a bad thing. I like that lonesome trumpet too, cool addition.

Backing vocals are excellent, perfectly placed

On 1/29/2024 at 10:12 AM, JamesG said:

Nice slice of Americana/folk rock, I like it. Got a little Levon Helm vibe to your vocals, that can't be a bad thing. I like that lonesome trumpet too, cool addition.

Backing vocals are excellent, perfectly placed

Levon. Ya Thats good I never correlated but you are right. Thanks very much. Will pass that along to Adam