The Ghosts of War - new arrangement with a female singer

Busker Pete

Nice arrangement for the 2 finger picked guitars (I think). Strings also really well done - the cello is perfect. Good melody also. Has an Irish/Celtic feel. I would add a bass guitar, but that is just me.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bmarlowe said:

Hey can you tell me what you used for the cello and strings? I recently used a cello in a mix, it was OK but yours is way better. Thx.

Hi, the strings are from Sonuscore's "The Orchestra Complete" and the Cello is the background celtic waltz cello from Band in a Box !

6 hours ago, John Vere said:

Really liked this a lot everything sounds great to my old ears. Did you add the bass after that person commented about it I most certainly hear an acoustic bass

Yes, indeed there is an acoustic bass!

• Like 1

This is brilliant (reminds me of one of my favourite modern folk bands - Show of Hands).  Beautiful voice and near perfect arrangement (I'd fatten up the solo part at after 3 minutes but that's it).

• Thanks 1

Hauntingly beautiful.  This is a Very Nice production !

As a cello player , and after hearing this , I just learned the impact of slightly "swelling" the notes and subduing some of the highs normally present in my tracks. I thought I got done mixing a new song using a cello this morning. Now I'm going back in ..

Enjoyed it ..   mark

Edited by mark skinner
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bmarlowe said:

Listening on better headphones now - Yes now I hear it too ! My bad.

But that is also something to consider when proofing a mix. I have a little mono Bluetooth speaker I use for the worst case scenario listen. And the bass and kick are one thing it will reveal is not exactly perfect. That and my cell phones speakers. 
I try and always wear my Bluetooth headphones when listening here on the song forum. They are a bit bass heavy but I’ve “ learned “ them. 
I just had to listen again with my morning coffee, wonderful, just wonderful as LW would have said. 

Really pretty song and arrangement. Her voice is beautiful and you did a great job recording it. I guess my only crit is the bass sounds kind of vague on my headphones, I'll take a listen tomorrow on my better system. Great job!

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2024 at 3:05 PM, mark skinner said:

Hauntingly beautiful.  This is a Very Nice production !

As a cello player , and after hearing this , I just learned the impact of slightly "swelling" the notes and subduing some of the highs normally present in my tracks. I thought I got done mixing a new song using a cello this morning. Now I'm going back in ..

Enjoyed it ..   mark

Thanks Mark!

On 1/5/2024 at 12:16 PM, Xoo said:

This is brilliant (reminds me of one of my favourite modern folk bands - Show of Hands).  Beautiful voice and near perfect arrangement (I'd fatten up the solo part at after 3 minutes but that's it).

Thank you so much!