NI Instruments from 10$

satya

5 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Reilka xt is a reverb and I own it from Komplete 14 Standard.

(Edit) never used it in a song.  Tried to, but, blah!

It is more of a delay with the ability to set diffused sounds that get into reverb territory.

I've had the smaller version for many years due to a giveaway and find it still quite useful and unique even though I have a number of heavy hitter delays and reverbs.

Wouldn't pay $30 for it given what I have, but certainly has its place for me.

• Like 5

• satya changed the title to NI Instruments from 10$
17 hours ago, Joakim said:

It’s a delay and one of my favorites actually 

It's a fantastic delay. Quite deep, and can achieve some fantastically cold / digital pitched delays that are really common in techno / EDM / synthwave. I would not use it as a warm / tape delay though - even the vintage / tape modes. It is extremely cold sounding imo - but I'm guessing their target audience initially was EDM.

Quick 30 second demo of that 'spot-it-from-a-mile-away' tone:

The same style delays with Echoboy will sound much much warmer - more in the dub / reggae / hip-hop territory, and more difficult to get that brittle / squishy digital tone. But for what it does, Replika doesn't really have competition. It's the only delay I can think of that does that tone so well. Which might be a very bad thing if you're looking for a warmer delay - for that, there are much better alternatives imo. 

And the micro-pitcher & diffusion mode are fun as hell.

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 2