Sonible - Smart:EQ4 coming December 20th

Kirean

WARNING!!! Smart EQ 4 crashes Reaper!

Yep, just like Smart Reverb, it crashes Reaper!

I lost my whole project because of it!  I couldn't load the project because Reaper would crash everytime it loaded Smart EQ 4!!

After using a older backup file and writing over the project file, I find out that Reaper has a safe mode that will not load any VST.  😢 It's sad because I find out later after I overwrote the file.  I ended up using Smart EQ 3 INSTEAD because it's stable!

SMART EQ 4 should be known to be unstable for production!!

Just a heads up!

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up the upgrade for 29$.

Ever since, CW has been going a little crazy with unusual crashes and choking up that were previously only rare. It could be something else, but I noticed it crashed CW right away on a project the day I downloaded it. CW has now been cranky on almost everything since. With or without SM EQ4 in the project. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Edited by Scott C. Stahl
typos, grammar

On 12/25/2023 at 7:08 AM, El Diablo said:

WARNING!!! Smart EQ 4 crashes Reaper!

Yep, just like Smart Reverb, it crashes Reaper!

I lost my whole project because of it!  I couldn't load the project because Reaper would crash everytime it loaded Smart EQ 4!!

After using a older backup file and writing over the project file, I find out that Reaper has a safe mode that will not load any VST.  😢 It's sad because I find out later after I overwrote the file.  I ended up using Smart EQ 3 INSTEAD because it's stable!

SMART EQ 4 should be known to be unstable for production!!

Just a heads up!

Sorry to see this. I'm having problems in CW as well

I uninstalled SM EQ4 and will let you know if things improve for CW now.

BTW, Have the problems with the final CW update been resolved?

I'm on the next to last version right now and it was (Up till this happened) very stable. I have not wanted to mess with what was working

Edited by Scott C. Stahl

I opened a project that had been repeatedly crashing after uninstalling SM EQ4. It is working perfectly now. This project wasn't even using SM EQ4 in the first place, but the uninstall seems to have done the trick. Truth be told, I'm kinda shocked.

Never experienced just having a plugin in your SYSTEM cause problems like this. Like many, I have Hundreds of plugins that have piled up over the years

(Win 10)

It is clear to me that these crashes are due to the AI part of the plugin, it has now started to take control of our machines and soon will rule the world!

Be aware! From now on everyone with sm eq4 installed will have their music sound as a 60’s sci-fi movie with subliminal messages about the humanity’s submission! 

PS: that tip about buying sm eq3 from audioplugin deals and then ask for the grace period free update, worked like a charm! 😊great customer service!