Softube American Class A Plugin for Native or Console 1 for $49

cclarry

5 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

Wow— anyone using this?  Lowest I’ve ever seen it advertised.  I have Infinistrip, OMNi Channel, etc.  Does this fill a gap somewhere in there?

This is an API Channel Strip Marc and it's nice.  This is the lowest price ever that I'm aware of.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marc Cormier said:

Wow— anyone using this?  Lowest I’ve ever seen it advertised.  I have Infinistrip, OMNi Channel, etc.  Does this fill a gap somewhere in there?

If you own console 1 , this might be , but if not , i do think the UAD is superior , PA is a joke ... strange to be honest ....

The softube versus UAD has this ability to get you non stepped values if important .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jngnz said:

I was just thinking the other day during mixing how amazing it would be to have to stare at my screen less.

Might have to get Console 1.

This was one of the best investment i made  BUT beware , i'll get loked in the ecosystem ..... sounds is superb (and i could mix with it only ) but CPU will increrease fast .... so my advise for exemple is use the API as a test , and drop it on all channles and buses you wanna control and see how things goes .... it is more cpu hungry than the Neve and SSL 4000 ,on par with the SSL 9000 and Chandler if i recall well ...the most consuming being the Weiss witch is usually on my master or during mastering (a pure beauty) 

• Like 4

By the way guyz @jngnz

Here i explain how to use it for all your plugins (and don't forget synths )

For synths , guyz i need your help to find those kinda stuff we can make on demand

I wanna make some for C1 image.png.81e34a7c7ca536900b6fb4ec78dc0b7e.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zo said:

This was one of the best investment i made  BUT beware , i'll get loked in the ecosystem ..... sounds is superb (and i could mix with it only ) but CPU will increrease fast .... so my advise for exemple is use the API as a test , and drop it on all channles and buses you wanna control and see how things goes .... it is more cpu hungry than the Neve and SSL 4000 ,on par with the SSL 9000 and Chandler if i recall well ...the most consuming being the Weiss witch is usually on my master or during mastering (a pure beauty) 

Good to know, thanks.

I recently got Weiss Deess and was surprised to find it uses 7% CPU when e.g. DMG Essence is IMO at least the same quality and uses 0.x% CPU.

If this uses more than 1 or 2% it's probably pointless.

• Haha 2

Hit the support , since their update with the wrapper and resize it doubled !! Liteeraly , might be oversampling or some but i asked them , and finally tolled back to old versions ...

Amproom also , i m stiking with the old one , as for synth i skipped for cpu hit also, old ones are ok 

The only Softube plugin I'm not ready to give up is Celestion Speaker Shaper (granted, room is turned off). Just for the sake of convenience. All other plugins by this company that I own or have tried don't come close to competing products in terms of ... well, every aspect, from tone (aka processing results) to CPU optimization (AS IF!).

CdUF0sQWwAAnLla.thumb.jpg.13148474d6994cc50ff966c46a330ab6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Softube Spring Reverb is really good and lives on my spring reverb bus. Apart from that, now that you mention it, I pretty much don't use any of my 20-25 Softube plugins. Including the  Weiss Deess that I just bought without demoing like an idiot. Might throw that on a master or drum bus every once in a while just so it doesn't feel like wasted money...

edit: actually, I use their transient shaper ALL THE TIME. That's another good one.

Edited by jngnz
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1