A question to us bargain hunters. (Not a deal)

MrFigg

10 hours ago, MrFigg said:

I know also that it's pretty much the same gang here every day, day in day out. 

This is kind of how I feel. This part of the forum has a lot of familiar faces with shared interests - there's nothing too weird about gravitating towards that.

I visit multiple times a day, but rarely because I'm actually looking out for a deal. I'm sure I've spent a good chunk of money because of the deals forum that I wouldn't have otherwise, but as music is my only real 'vice', I'm okay with that. I am trying to rein in my spending though and have made a note to self that at this point buying another compressor or eq or reverb (SoundCity Studios excepted!) is basically just hoarding. As part of my plan I've made a little spreadsheet that lists what I'm actually looking out for and/or need...which at this stage only has two or three items: The new archtop library from Straightaheadsamples, and possibly the Fields of Rock SDX...though calling that last one a 'need' is a bit of a stretch!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Walter Cruz said:

GAmo9YmaQAEZEO1.thumb.jpg.b53c7d9d5bc63a6a7173eb89ab9f8750.jpg

I literally collected $50 for streaming royalties from my band, lol

Still ... it must be a good feeling to know that there are some listeners out there who enjoy your music.

In case it makes you feel better: It's actually an ROI of 1.39%.

Edited by audioschmaudio
  • Like 2

On 12/5/2023 at 9:40 AM, pseudopop said:

Visiting this forum is like gambling, because it's easy to do and it randomly rewards you for it. And sometimes those rewards are big. Add to that those times when you missed out on a really good deal because you didn't visit this forum during that one hour window when some glitch was active, and you have a pretty big incentive to hit that refresh button every chance you get.

Excellent point.  I'm a retired psychologist and the term we all remember from psych 101 is "Intermittent Reinforcement".  It results in a behavior that's the devil to break.   I know, because plugins have introduced it into my life.  "I have all the plugins I need.  I do.  But wait, this one has fairy dust on it.  I know it will make my vocals sound better.  I know it will".   And this poor rat keeps pushing the $29 lever because every once in a while a food pellet drops out.  Have mercy!  But there's good news:  in January the after Christmas sales will start!

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, satya said:

Some eat food, we eat plugins , 

And spending 29$ on plugin gives more satisfaction than eating a McD

If you spend $29 at McD alone, things turn into self-loathing.

Kinda like when you check the total of this year's plugin purchases...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Kirean said:

If you spend $29 at McD alone, things turn into self-loathing.

Kinda like when you check the total of this year's plugin purchases...

The problem is everytime i skip a McD meal, i feel entitled to seat and scroll at plugin boutique

Im making the right choices! Thank you plugins for making me healthier 🤗

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Wait. We're actually supposed to make music with all this gear and software?

Oh man... I thought I was winning by having more then everyone and getting it cheaper.

I'm still mad I didn't have cash on hand a month ago when Melda everything bundle was $560 at JRRshop.

I'm still on the hunt for that one to pop up again! But sadly I'm completely tapped out now after BF/CM and if it does I'll really be pissed.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rational said:

Wait. We're actually supposed to make music with all this gear and software?

Oh man... I thought I was winning by having more then everyone and getting it cheaper.

I'm still mad I didn't have cash on hand a month ago when Melda everything bundle was $560 at JRRshop.

I'm still on the hunt for that one to pop up again! But sadly I'm completely tapped out now after BF/CM and if it does I'll really be pissed.

How many kids do you have? Do you need all of them?

i exchanged the wife for NI Komplete Ultimate CE… it was a win win situation

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, GoncaloL said:

How many kids do you have? Do you need all of them?

I myself have three and it was surprisingly easy to get them used to porridge for every meal. 

• Great Idea 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GoncaloL said:

With how much plugins tend to nag, crackle and piss you off for various things, it's like she never left...

(I kid, I kid.)

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, chris.r said:

yo did your deal the other way around.. I heard that the komplete and ultimate wives are from CE (Central Europe)

Komplete wives? Theres no such thing… they all want you to let go of your plugins and deals to give them atention…

its a great thing on paper but the customer service ruins it all

Edit: (just joking honey .. love you😬)

Edited by GoncaloL
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GoncaloL said:

Komplete wives? Theres no such thing… they all want you to let go of your plugins and deals to give them atention…

I have this friend who actually uses his software to really produce music. I told him how I envied him for having a wife doesn't complain when he goes to his room to produce music all night.
You know what he replied? "I wish I had a wife who was more affectionate. My wife doesn't seem to care at all what I do"

• Haha 1