Sonokinetic 12 Days of Christmas is UP

Brian Lawler

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The coupon shows up when you use the email address you signed up with during check out. Works on my end but I also have an account if that matters?

does anyone remember from last year if they reprise the deals at the end? Fantasy looks very tempting but I’d like to see what else is on offer

Edited by JT3Jon

3 minutes ago, JT3Jon said:

The coupon shows up when you use the email address you signed up with during check out. Works on my end but I also have an account if that matters?

does anyone remember from last year if they reprise the deals at the end? Fantasy looks very tempting but I’d like to see what else is on offer

My googling-fu says that there was no repeat last year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Barrie said:

Did anyone get their 12 Euro coupon promised for subscribing before Dec 4th?

It worked for me, but I did read a post from their support (about 30 minutes after the deal started) on VI that people had issues and that it should be fixed now. 

1 hour ago, JT3Jon said:

I don't ever recall them doing a reprise.  Part of the FOMO marketing that the deals only run for 48 hours.   Also note requires Kontakt 7 but runs in free Player.

3 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Yeah. I had the 12 Days newsletter activated when I registered and logged into my account today. However, no sign of the voucher anywhere.

You need to have something in your cart and go the the check-out.  It should appear above your total.  Need to cut & paste to use it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

So who has it?

Sometimes these type of libraries bring surge of giddiness and eventually get little use.

I didn't even sign up this year.  I got a couple of the freebies over the last few years, and have never used them.  I don't care for the GUI at all.

Since I haven't really played around with sample based libraries, how versatile are they in the end?

As a person who is not too keen on (sample/)loop libraries due to fear of the end result sounding too similar with everyone else using the same thing, is that fear relevant with Sonokinetic's stuff?

Seemed like almost every Youtube video I checked, the person was still throwing tons of instruments from other libraries on top to make things gel and flow better.

30 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Since I haven't really played around with sample based libraries, how versatile are they in the end?

As a person who is not too keen on (sample/)loop libraries due to fear of the end result sounding too similar with everyone else using the same thing, is that fear relevant with Sonokinetic's stuff?

Seemed like almost every Youtube video I checked, the person was still throwing tons of instruments from other libraries on top to make things gel and flow better.

Your opinion probably wont change.   Some of them need an 88 key controller for the key switches if you don't want to pencil them in.  They are similar to using loops except now you can drop the midi in a track.  Also there is a small learning curve using a GUI like this. 

32 minutes ago, Kirean said:

I use Sonokinetic’s libraries as accents to my main template.  Basically, if I need a particularly agile string line or some bowing pattern, brass flare or woodwind noodling that simply isn’t possible with conventional samples, I will dig through my Sonokinetic libs for a sample loop that does the trick.

It can be effective at pushing the illusion of a live orchestra, but it took me a while to figure out how to do that.

So, I see Sonokinetic’s stuff as useful supplements to my main tools. I’d never try to build a track using nothing but their loops and overall they don’t get a ton of use — but when I find a way to drop them into a project I really appreciate what they can do. 

11 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Your opinion probably wont change.   Some of them need an 88 key controller for the key switches if you don't want to pencil them in.  They are similar to using loops except now you can drop the midi in a track.  Also there is a small learning curve using a GUI like this. 

Their GUIs are awful, frankly. Stylish and clever and occasionally intuitive. 

Overall I think their stuff is a very mixed bag, and I would never pay full-freight for them. 

Edited by Amicus717

1 hour ago, husker said:

I didn't even sign up this year.  I got a couple of the freebies over the last few years, and have never used them.  I don't care for the GUI at all.

For the freebies - If it's orchestral loop based, I just batch export the .wav files, delete all the mics except "decca" or "mix" and trash the rest. Dropped "Minimal" down to the like 3-4 gb (from 30gb I think). Usually good for, as someone else said, adding texture or  tempo-synced flourishes to help with midi stuff. 

Can't imagine using some of these libraries in Kontakt. I export tons of **** to .wav (anything sound design, effects, textural pad, loop related) and scrap the Kontakt instruments. Absolutely no time to sit around auditioning these sounds when you can just scan through 1000 sounds a minute in Mediabay (Cubase). Have never used their multi-sampled instruments though. I always thought they just made loop based libraries.

• Like 1