Why do I need to shut down Bandlab in the task manager after Xing out ?

Johnny Penk

Why do I need to shut down Bandlab in the task manager after Xing out of Bandlab to bring it back up again….

When I’m done with a project and x out of Bandlab then if I want to bring it up again, I have to go into task manager and “end process” then I can open it again. This is definitely a bug. Please fix this, thank you 

Ongoing issue here, even with empty (no) projects.  Only TM doesn't work when CbB is dumped into Background Processes.  I also have to force the system off (hold the power button) for it to shut down properly.

Will try using TM to End Task for the audio interface next time... which will be soon. 9_9

Edited by sjoens

I’m missing something here? Why do you close Cakewalk? I just X out of the project and then the start screen appears and I open a different project.

And I’ve never had that issue anyway. And that’s with dozens of different computers and 6 different interfaces including on board audio. 
Plug in??? Probably. 

Even if I x out of the project while leaving Cakewalk by Bandlab up, I can’t load another project. It says, “not responding”. Then I have to bring up TM to end process. I will try the audio Interface but I’ve never had this issue before the last two updates

9 minutes ago, John Vere said:

It most definitely a plug in or I guess this can happen with audio drivers as some are saying. It’s not Cakewalk itself. 

It’s not the audio interface driver. I just updated it and no change. Going to keep trying to figure this out. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Penk said:

It’s not the audio interface driver. I just updated it and no change. Going to keep trying to figure this out. 

Did you learn this by unplugging the interface and then plugging it back in, or just trusting that your interface manufacturer wrote a good driver?

• Like 2

Daily Sonar user here....

This (still) happens to me about 4 times a week, and I always thought it was one of my hardware drivers; either the MIDISPORT 8x8 (likely) or RME Fireface UFX (less likely, but not impossible) or something along that hardware chain-- could be a Firewire driver or USB driver is the culprit. 

Frustrating because it just quits, and I CTRL-ALT-DEL and can't force quit in task manager. 

The FASTEST solution has always been to reboot.