The Annual "Show us Your Booty" Thread!

cclarry

7 hours ago, Technostica said:

This is everything from the last  two months but most is from the last two weeks......

Looks like you beat me! This is a competition right?? I'm totally done now. Seriously. Done. Lost my paypal password and incinerated my credit card.  

8Dio: Majestica Ultra (upgrade)
8Dio: Silka Choir (bundle upgrade from Insolidus)
AudioBro: Eternity Adult Choir
AudioBro: Eternity Adult Choir Expanded
Audio Imperia: Talos
Audio Imperia: Aeria Lite
Audio Imperia: Nucleus
Audio Imperia: Cerberus
Audio Imperia: Jaeger
Audio Ollie: LA Modern Percussion
Cherry Audio: Polymode
Cinesamples: Musio (12 month sub for $90)
Excite Audio: Motion Harmonic
Fab-Filter: Pro-R 2: Crossgrade from Total Bundle
Kilohearts: Phase Plant
Kilohearts: Convolver
Macrium Reflect (4-Comp sub)
Orchestral Tools: Konduit (screw it, bought it at full price. Using it already today.)
Presets: Various Unfinished, String Audio, Leap Into Void
Skybox Audio: Hammer + Waves Collection + Expansions
SoundID: Reference for Headphones
Yurt Rock: Ultimate Bundle (Got tired of buying single packs. Bought the whole damn catalog for $160) 
Zero-G: Ethera Gold 2.5
Zero-G: Ethera Gold Intimate Voices
Zero-G: Ethera Atlantis 3
Zero-G: Ethera Prometheus
Zero-G: Elements Cinematic Rhythms

And more hardware for mobile system. And got a good deal on a set of HD600s. And bought a lifetime license for Writer Duet Premium, because if all else fails, that unfinished magnum opus screenplay will pay the bills. Right? Right?? 

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Carl Ewing said:

Looks like you beat me! This is a competition right?? I'm totally done now. Seriously. Done. Lost my paypal password and incinerated my credit card.  

8Dio: Majestica Ultra (upgrade)
8Dio: Silka Choir (bundle upgrade from Insolidus)
AudioBro: Eternity Adult Choir
AudioBro: Eternity Adult Choir Expanded
Audio Imperia: Talos
Audio Imperia: Aeria Lite
Audio Imperia: Nucleus
Audio Imperia: Cerberus
Audio Imperia: Jaeger
Audio Ollie: LA Modern Percussion
Cherry Audio: Polymode
Cinesamples: Musio (12 month sub for $90)
Excite Audio: Motion Harmonic
Fab-Filter: Pro-R 2: Crossgrade from Total Bundle
Kilohearts: Phase Plant
Kilohearts: Convolver
Macrium Reflect (4-Comp sub)
Orchestral Tools: Konduit (screw it, bought it at full price. Using it already today.)
Presets: Various Unfinished, String Audio, Leap Into Void
Skybox Audio: Hammer + Waves Collection + Expansions
SoundID: Reference for Headphones
Yurt Rock: Ultimate Bundle (Got tired of buying single packs. Bought the whole damn catalog for $160) 
Zero-G: Ethera Gold 2.5
Zero-G: Ethera Gold Intimate Voices
Zero-G: Ethera Atlantis 3
Zero-G: Ethera Prometheus
Zero-G: Elements Cinematic Rhythms

And more hardware for mobile system. And got a good deal on a set of HD600s. And bought a lifetime license for Writer Duet Premium, because if all else fails, that unfinished magnum opus screenplay will pay the bills. Right? Right?? 

😂 And the winner is…..👆🏻

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

I wish I was rich like Carl Ewing seems to be. I'd have my personal music production coach. Hardware synthesizers all over the place. A masseur to massage my back while servants suggest chord progressions for me to pick.

If you ever end up being rich let me know that ill do the gig…

…the chord progressions suggestions gig to be clear😂

Edited by GoncaloL
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

I wish I was rich like Carl Ewing seems to be. I'd have my personal music production coach. Hardware synthesizers all over the place. A masseur to massage my back while servants suggest chord progressions for me to pick.

Haha. This is still much better than 10+ years ago, where single sample libraries were $1000+ on the regular. And plugins were $250+, and sales were few and far between with 20% off if you were lucky.  My software expenses used to be $15,000 per year or more. This year, including all this BF stuff is under $5000. Composer Cloud, Plugin Alliance subs (and now Musio) help significantly though. And the 'race to the bottom' price competition across developers is helping as well.

Getting Silka for $30 and all the Audio Imperia stuff for about $650 would have been impossible "back in the day". I'd have to total what I spent on UAD plugins between 2005 - 2020. It's gotta be $10,000 at least. Seeing people get these native bundles for $200 is hilarious. Wrong word: sadness is the word.

The only two companies that seem to still price things like old days are Spitfire and Orchestral Tools. All their prices are very close to what everything used to cost. East West's Platinum Edition Orchestra used to cost $1999 (same as OT's Berlin seres) and came shipped on 20 DVDs (140GB). (lolol) EDIT: That was £1999. So like $50,000 USD at the time. 

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/east-west-symphonic-orchestra-pro-xp

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Carl Ewing said:

Haha. This is still much better than 10+ years ago, where single sample libraries were $1000+ on the regular. And plugins were $250+, and sales were few and far between with 20% off if you were lucky.  My software expenses used to be $15,000 per year or more. This year, including all this BF stuff is under $5000. Composer Cloud, Plugin Alliance subs (and now Musio) help significantly though. And the 'race to the bottom' price competition across developers is helping as well.

Getting Silka for $30 and all the Audio Imperia stuff for about $650 would have been impossible "back in the day". I'd have to total what I spent on UAD plugins between 2005 - 2020. It's gotta be $10,000 at least. Seeing people get these native bundles for $200 is hilarious. Wrong word: sadness is the word.

😂Now you sounded exactly like:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Carl Ewing said:

My software expenses used to be $15,000 per year or more

😳 crazy!

Forget what I wrote before. Now, if I was rich like Carl Ewing, I'd invite a whole orchestra to my home and after each session I'd buy wine and Italian food for all, freshly cooked by my personal Italian chef.

• Great Idea 1

11 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

😳 crazy!

Forget what I wrote before. Now, if I was rich like Carl Ewing, I'd invite a whole orchestra to my home and after each session I'd buy wine and Italian food for all, freshly cooked by my personal Italian chef.

I wish! It's all studio expenses, so it all gets pulled from revenue until there's like $100 left to buy Hosa cables and Ramen. Looking at revenue vs. expenses is always like "holy **** music expensive to produce."

Unpaid interns and "hey, you'll get exposure working on this...for free" aren't really a thing anymore - at least not officially. 

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 3

I bought a lot but I also sold a lot so the net cost to me for music gear is a profit, otherwise I wouldn't have bought so much gear.
I'm ignoring the laptop as it's for general purpose usage, although it's more powerful than my i9-9900 desktop!
For £640 with a 3 year onsite warranty it's a steal.
I just have to build up the courage to face dealing with Win11 and then I'll open the box. 😃

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Technostica said:

I just have to build up the courage to face dealing with Win11 and then I'll open the box. 😃

I switched everything to Win 11 three months ago. It's been....extremely frustrating. But now it feels more streamlined and snappier than Win 10. 

I run Ultrawide's, so the lack of vertical taskbar was a pita. But Explorer Patcher solved that (among other customizations). Although Explorer Patcher can sometimes bug out if there's a Windows Update and the github hasn't had a chance to patch it.

WinAero Tweaker is also a miracle for many of Win 11's annoyances.  However, Windows 11 continues the trend of MS hiding many needed settings behind minimal UI panels, and takes a while to discover where detailed settings are now located.

There's also a registry hack (adding a registry key) to shut off Bing from the start menu (same as Win 10...but even more annoying). I can find out what that key is if you need it.

Although, except for App searching, I use VoidTools "Everything" app for all Windows file searching. Will index all connected drives and search multi-terrabytes of data in milliseconds - literally as you type a word it's already showing results across 8 of my partitions. Can't live without it. The less I have to open Windows Start / Search the better.

Also had DPC Latency issues on my main system, which I didn't have in Win 10. Took a long time to figure it out. But if you have this problem I have many suggestions (BIOS & Windows) that eventually worked. And using Process Lasso has helped with quite a few things - at least on one system, Windows was having a hell of time trying to prioritize tasks across a ton of drivers / usb devices / graphics card / audio card, etc. This wasn't a problem on my mobile system, which was odd, as it has a fraction of the resources but had no latency issues at all.

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Great Idea 2

I bought a bunch of plugins that I'll never use, but my best purchase was Ableton Live 11 Suite, with a free upgrade to Live 12 when it's released next year.

Glitchmachines Subvert 2.0 & Cataract 2.

AIR OPx-4, AIR Delay Pro, Flavor Pro, & Mini D.

Baby Audio Parallel Aggressor & Smooth Operator.

Izotope Neoverb.

Universal Audio Essentials Bundle.

Waves F6 & H-Reverb.

Melda Production MFreeFXBundle unlock.

Sonic Charge Permut8.

• Like 1

Thanks Carl. 👍
I've just started a Word Doc and your input is the first entry.

I was late to W10 as I was happy with W8.1 with Classic Shell.
I have the Pro version so it was a bit easier to lock it down and it's been fine for DAW usage.
I still don't particularly like it though and my desktop might be on it for just under another two years. 

Fortunately, I can take my time getting used to it as I still have my Latitude laptop and Desktop on W10.
Hopefully, I will migrate completely before the three year warranty expires ! 😄
I just ordered a 990 Pro 4TB for £155 after Samsung cashback. 
It's single sided so a safer option for a laptop and at that price a steal.

Some good deals on Samsung SSDs in the UK with the cashback.
870 EVO 4TB for £96 via Amazon!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1