NOT A DEAL: Is now a good time to upgrade Komplete 14 at half-off?

smallstonefan

Dont think so, NI does always the same thing, they upgrade their versions more or less on a two years basis,  i would say between March and October 2024. 

It works well with me, sometimes if theres nothing too appealing i skip one iteration. Went from 12 collectors edition to 14 in the previous sale.

Thanks for the info guys. I might just upgrade now rather than waiting a year - going to spend a bit more time looking at what I get in the upgarde.

Due to some hassles with using Kontakt 7 in Komplete Kontrol I am thinking about upgrading Kontakt. I know it has issues but think it would be a bit more convenient for the new libraries that run on 7. And if I'm paying $50 to upgrade Kontakt anyway...

• Like 1

I've upgraded form K11 to K14U just yesterday and don't regret it. Quite a few mind blowing libraries that are new for me and on top of that they also provide Ozone Standard 10. ATM, I'm trying to decide whether AR Drummers and Studio Drummer are worthy of SSD space. 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smallstonefan said:

Thanks for the info guys. I might just upgrade now rather than waiting a year - going to spend a bit more time looking at what I get in the upgarde.

Due to some hassles with using Kontakt 7 in Komplete Kontrol I am thinking about upgrading Kontakt. I know it has issues but think it would be a bit more convenient for the new libraries that run on 7. And if I'm paying $50 to upgrade Kontakt anyway...

yup. this is the only reason i am looking at the upgrade. K7 is proving to be  a door stopper to some things i do. K7 full may work better. i am just hesitant to add more things on my DAW when I probably won't ever use. of the new stuff, the only thing that i may use are GR6 for the effects.

I'm confused. Was Kontakt7 in K13UCE or K14UCE (or both). I have Kontakt 7 and I never upgrade just Kontakt.

I swear I purchased an upgrade from K13UCE to K14UCE but Native Access doesn't tell me which I'm on, it only shows the various components installed.

My NI account on the web says I purchased K13UCE on 2 June 2021. Maybe I bought the upgrade elsewhere (jrrshop etc.)? 

3 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I'm confused. Was Kontakt7 in K13UCE or K14UCE (or both). I have Kontakt 7 and I never upgrade just Kontakt.

I swear I purchased an upgrade from K13UCE to K14UCE but Native Access doesn't tell me which I'm on, it only shows the various components installed.

My NI account on the web says I purchased K13UCE on 2 June 2021. Maybe I bought the upgrade elsewhere (jrrshop etc.)? 

I would doubt you bought the upgrade elsewhere and never entered the serial number. Then again...? lol

Are you looking at your orders or your serial number page? I find it helpful to search for Komplete on my serial number page. 

12 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I believe it was in 14 (though could be wrong). I remember having 6 for a while after 7 came out and waiting for the Summer of Sound to upgrade to the next Komplete (i.e. 14).

7 minutes ago, smallstonefan said:

I would doubt you bought the upgrade elsewhere and never entered the serial number. Then again...? lol

Are you looking at your orders or your serial number page? I find it helpful to search for Komplete on my serial number page. 

Yup, it's there. But not on My Orders page. As I conjectured, I must have bought it through a reseller.