Collaborated with an old school friend and this is the result

PJH

This is the first track for my next album. This song was a collaboration between an old school buddy and myself.

Alan is a good friend from our school days where we played together in a band back in the 70's.

Our old school band had a reunion in March this year where we recorded one of our songs. The song was written in 1973.

After the reunion Alan and I decided to start writing together and this song is the result.

Hope you enjoy.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2023 at 12:43 AM, mark skinner said:

You seem to be the "master" of achieving the best cleaner tones from the different guitars you play. I like your crunch stuff , but am super impressed with the cleaner ones you post here. Out of your past 3 albums which do you think is the cleanest.            Thanks ..  mark

Thanks Mark! I've recorded 4 solo instrumental albums (all 4 released on cd) and have now started my 5th. All four albums have had a mixture of clean and higher gain crunchy gtrs. I have found though that as time goes on my productions seem to have less crunch and more clean playing. Not sure why, maybe it's what I prefer to listen to these days.

If there was a song of mine that is a favourite regarding the cleaner gtr tones it would be this one from my third album.

Cheers!

Edited by PJH
  • Thanks 1

On 11/13/2023 at 4:54 AM, John Vere said:

Great job mixed perfectly and huge in the headphones. Great job on the video as well puts it all together.  

Thanks for the comments John! I'm glad to hear that it sounds good with headphones. I'll have to check it out.

On 11/13/2023 at 10:53 PM, Paul Bush said:

Great stuff reminds me a littel of the snow goose  by Camel at first then ..a bit of alan Parsons all in a positive way lovely guitar tones  that les paul came out so smooth with some great licks ..whats not to like .. loved this .cheers P

Thanks so much for your comments Paul! Camel and Alan Parsons are both huge influences so I'll take that as a massive compliment. 

Cheers!