Cakewalk 2023.9 Build 75 Released

cclarry

31 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Since they discontinued X3, it would be ...

Can X3 be authorized completely offline? It would be great to know since I still have my serial inclusive the installer files!

Sure I would miss a couple of bug fixes and maybe about 2 new features, but I could really live without the other newer stuff!

46 minutes ago, Sistine said:

I would miss a couple of bug fixes and maybe about 2 new features, but I could really live without the other newer stuff!

During the Gibson dark days (and I guess now also)  X3 was always my worst case scenario fallback position. With this in mind I actually opened my most recent project with it yesterday to see what would happen. Other than some missing vsts that I guess have never been scanned in X3 it was fine. 

However...... I had forgotten how pig ugly it looked either in full grey mode or coloured strip pro tools clone mode, so hopefully it won't come to that. 

Edited by paulo
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sistine said:

Can X3 be authorized completely offline? It would be great to know since I still have my serial inclusive the installer files!

Sure I would miss a couple of bug fixes and maybe about 2 new features, but I could really live without the other newer stuff!

I would definitely miss more than “a couple of bug fixes and maybe about 2 new features” if I was ever forced to go back to X3. 

I believe Satan actually uses Sonar X3 as one of his cruel and unusual punishments in Hell.......    next to Pro Tools and Windows Millennium.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Promidi said:

I would definitely miss more than “a couple of bug fixes and maybe about 2 new features” if I was ever forced to go back to X3.

YMMV!

I still prefer the old tempo map and export dialog (very clearly arranged). Also, even in CbB I still use the old plugin manager (separate exe). But I really would miss e.g. the visual clip gain adjustment and the plugin replace, maybe more ...

3 hours ago, paulo said:

Misinformation!

I still have the boxed installation discs for X3.

😀

Yes sorry I have mine also but what you don't get is the x3e the last patch that felt like a stable product 

Of if you bought an upgrade to producer you wouldn't have install discs