FREE Waves Kramer HLS Channel Plugin

Abstract

Waves aren't bad plugins - I'm just too tired of being WUPed around to care anymore.
If WUP maxed out at $50 a year I'd probably perpetually subscribe.
At current prices I'll probably only WUP when I decide to sell off/garage sale my collection.

I still took the freebie.  Don't know if I'll use it, as I've been avoiding & replacing all my Waves plugins, BUT  being an avid member of the Cakewalk Plugin of Day Club i graciously accepted today's offering.
Thank you for bringing this collection of coded bits to my attention. 

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

Waves aren't bad plugins - I'm just too tired of being WUPed around to care anymore.
If WUP maxed out at $50 a year I'd probably perpetually subscribe.
At current prices I'll probably only WUP when I decide to sell off/garage sale my collection.

I still took the freebie.  Don't know if I'll use it, as I've been avoiding & replacing all my Waves plugins, BUT  being an avid member of the Cakewalk Plugin of Day Club i graciously accepted today's offering.
Thank you for bringing this collection of coded bits to my attention. 

I've got a number of their plugins but I have a very hard time believing I could sell the collection for much more than the cost of WUP.  The math of what someone might pay for them isn't pretty and the cost of WUP is ugly.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I've got a number of their plugins but I have a very hard time believing I could sell the collection for much more than the cost of WUP.  The math of what someone might pay for them isn't pretty and the cost of WUP is ugly.

That might be a factor in why they don't cut the cost of WUP as it might inadvertently create an avalanche of people dumping their old libraries.
Of course they could mitigate that if at the same time they added a transfer fee.
I'm not saying that they should do this or it's the only way but the present system just feels, AFAIC, broken.

Waves Kramer HLS Channel Plugin
kramer-hls-channel.png

10 minutes ago, Tommy Byrnes said:

It's a Helios emulation and I have always liked it. They got the low end bump when you engage the LF right. The UAD version is my absolute go-to for tracking electric guitars through Unison. I have often used the Kramer HLS on the tracks after recording.

Helios?  Not familiar with the reference.

NM, read the info from the plugin webpage (duh)

"Channel strip from the renowned Helios console at London’s Olympic Studios was famous for fat bass, sweet saturation, and high-end presence."

Edited by TheSteven

11 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Waves Kramer HLS Channel Plugin
kramer-hls-channel.png

Helios?  Not familiar with the reference.

NM, read the info from the plugin webpage (duh)

"Channel strip from the renowned Helios console at London’s Olympic Studios was famous for fat bass, sweet saturation, and high-end presence."

It's one of those boards I would have loved to have tracked through but I'm sure they wouldn't have let me through the door because I was, like, five 🙂. It does this wonderful thing when you turn the bass EQ just on; there is a lovely "whump" in the low  end. Hard to describe but you'll hear it when you do it. It wasn't a subtle console so there is a ton of color. Push the pre and it gets growly in a great way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Thanks! Now I have two of these plugins.. So when the other is expired, I'll activate this one!

56 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Doesn't work that way.  The 1 yr til wup starts once you claim this deal.  

As Brian mentioned this freebie doesn't work that way.
Now if you had been provided with a redemption code then that would be the case (wup kicking in on activation).
If this freebie had been part of a deal from let's sale PluginBoutique - they may have provided you with a redemption code but when you click on a Wave's link to get a freebie it's instantly activated in your account.

Edited by TheSteven

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

As Brian mentioned this freebie doesn't work that way.
Now if you had been provided with a redemption code then that would be the case (wup kicking in on activation).
If this freebie had been part of a deal from let's sale PluginBoutique - they may have provided you with a redemption code but when you click on a Wave's link to get a freebie it's instantly activated in your account.

Yes, but my other was almost up.