80% off TONEX, Kemper, NAM, etc Profiles at ToneJunkie.com (today only)

Brian Walton

37 minutes ago, JT3Jon said:

How often do sales happen? first I’ve heard of this guy wanna do some research.

Frequently if you subscribe to his newsletter, but 50% off is more common.  Getting 80% doesn't happen often.

Check his youtube channel, he is among the biggest guys doing this.   He is also one of Partner Collections on Tonex - so you can demo a few things.  

He is one of the few - like Amalgam Audio that seems focused on lower and mid gain amps instead of the metal crowd, which I tend to appreciate.

3 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

Anyone have experience with his Helix presets?  There's thousands available on the CustomTone site at Line 6 for owners but they mostly utilize stock cabs.  I'm wondering if the tone matching in these presets make a qualitative difference.

No experience with Helix (I own all his TONEX packs and most of the NAM stuff)

But if you have a toss away email you can get his "free - try it out" pack to test the waters

image.png.4dfff428d67a2bbc98bac091d6e140cf.png

• Thanks 1

Go to presets (not tone models), click on any preset - you aren’t replacing the one you click on, don’t worry - and right click your mouse. You’ll get a pop up with an option to import presets. Just navigate to the TJ folder and highlight all the presets you’d like to import.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

So, I splurged and bought a couple of the ToneX packs... I have zero clue how I'm supposed to add these packs to ToneX. Anyone know?

Go to presets (not tone models), click on any preset - you aren’t replacing the one you click on, don’t worry - and right click your mouse. You’ll get a pop up with an option to import presets. Just navigate to the TJ folder and highlight all the presets you’d like to import.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Thanks! That did it.

Do I have to keep the folders in the same place or does ToneX actually import them to their own folder?

Tonex puts them in some unknown location, you can move the files you downloaded once imported.

Which ones did you grab?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Great thanks!

I got the Bad Cat and Gibson Skylark packs.

The Bad Cat pack covers a lot of ground.  The vintage (and even more modern Gibson Goldtone series) Gibson amps have long been one of my favorites - I grabbed the Skylark within a few days of release.  Not the most versatile amp, but cranked up they have something special going on.  

If you have ever tried to profile your own stuff you might have an appreciation for the amount of value for the money packs of that size are at this sale price - I know my time is far more valuable then the price offered.  Even with a super computer specd for this stuff a single Advanced capture takes about an hour.  And if you don't have a good Graphics Card with a modern CPU - one capture on the advanced setting can easily take an entire day.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

If you have ever tried to profile your own stuff you might have an appreciation for the amount of value for the money packs of that size are at this sale price - I know my time is far more valuable then the price offered.  

I certainly feel like I got a screaming deal getting two packs for $8.50

I also didn't notice these freebies at first: https://tonejunkiestore.com/tone-x-free-pack-sign-up

PSA

Just a heads up if you frequent New Vintage Audio for TONEX captures, I tried to buy the newly released Peavey JSX, well the short and curly of it is I was charged and the money taken, but I got a message basically saying the process took to long so it failed, must have failed after taking the money, so I sends off a message to them, waited a few hours, then thought I'd give it another shot lol, but this time I added the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe IV, TONEX MAX only has the normal Hot Rod Deluxe version, anyway, same thing happened, sent off another email, but I'm not going back for a 3rd shot 😁,

I hope someone else does a quality JSX set and the Hot Rod Deluxe IV, I think that will be easier to find, I shall have a look.

I wasn't there when patience was handed out 😁

So if anyone does go there, it may not be smooth sailing, or maybe it's just me.

Edited by heath row

On 10/11/2023 at 8:46 PM, RSMcGuitar said:

I certainly feel like I got a screaming deal getting two packs for $8.50

I also didn't notice these freebies at first: https://tonejunkiestore.com/tone-x-free-pack-sign-up

Yes those are some bread and butter ones worth grabbing.

Also recommend typing in "Tone Junkie TV" in the search bar when connected to Tonenet as he throws up a few captures of every pack he releases (also do the same from "Amalgam" as those are some of the best available - but he usually only posts one free capture.

image.thumb.png.f4c0899cd49f16d6dda35a7396a0e5b7.png

• Thanks 2

On 10/13/2023 at 11:28 AM, heath row said:

PSA

Just a heads up if you frequent New Vintage Audio for TONEX captures, I tried to buy the newly released Peavey JSX, well the short and curly of it is I was charged and the money taken, but I got a message basically saying the process took to long so it failed, must have failed after taking the money, so I sends off a message to them, waited a few hours, then thought I'd give it another shot lol, but this time I added the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe IV, TONEX MAX only has the normal Hot Rod Deluxe version, anyway, same thing happened, sent off another email, but I'm not going back for a 3rd shot 😁,

I hope someone else does a quality JSX set and the Hot Rod Deluxe IV, I think that will be easier to find, I shall have a look.

I wasn't there when patience was handed out 😁

So if anyone does go there, it may not be smooth sailing, or maybe it's just me.

Well a couple of days latter and all is good, don't know if I got the first $25+ back, that order contained the JSX same as the second order plus another, but I couldn't be bothered checking.

No word on the why's or where's just an Email with the download links etc, no word on the first purchase.

There is a couple more packs I want from there, anyone want to try it out to see if it's working OK now?

anyone, anyone?