UA LA2a Free! Today!

Keni

10 minutes ago, JoeNote said:

Yes, it a good deal, but waay too much hassle with installing iLok manager, UA connect, make an account etc etc

Next is you have to be interviewed before receiving a plugin program ;/

I just checked if it’s in my iLok account, and it is. No need to download UA connect for now. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fleer said:

It’s a simplified version of the Silver one, without mix knob. 

Interesting. As I’ve never seen a mix knob on the hardware, I didn’t think to look. Not something I need often and plenty of work arounds if I do.

I was really concerned about the performance and sound comparison. If that knob is all that’s different? I’m good!

32 minutes ago, dumbquestions said:

It’s a bummer that some people might not get to fully experience, or even spend the time fully appreciating my songs because they can tell either one track (or the mix) was compressed with a gray model la2a, and not a silver model. Or the other way around. I guess that’s the production world though. Gotta catch em all

You need to release a double album. Disc 1 for gray and disc 2 for silver.

Edited by Kirean
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

It is the silver model without a mix knob, the high frequency emphasis knob and, I would assume, less presets.

20 hours ago, @Lionel  said (from the older thread on this plugin):
Drew [from UAD] also mentions:
It’s the silver algo with the legacy GUI. We've removed the Mix control and fixed the Emphasis control in a sweet spot.

So it's kind of an 'easy' version of the Silver and has a full preset list - slightly different presets from Silver (some but not others, and some unique presets).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

I just checked if it’s in my iLok account, and it is. No need to download UA connect for now. 

I thought we need the UA Connect to be able to install their plugins? Please tell me if there is a hidden way to install singles I beg you 😄 (or I can always uninstall Connect afterwards...)

47 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

20 hours ago, @Lionel  said (from the older thread on this plugin):
Drew [from UAD] also mentions:
It’s the silver algo with the legacy GUI. We've removed the Mix control and fixed the Emphasis control in a sweet spot.

So it's kind of an 'easy' version of the Silver and has a full preset list - slightly different presets from Silver (some but not others, and some unique presets).

Even better news! Thanks Steven!

14 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I thought we need the UA Connect to be able to install their plugins? Please tell me if there is a hidden way to install singles I beg you 😄 (or I can always uninstall Connect afterwards...)

I believe you're correct.

I think what Chris was referring to is that it's already been added to his account so he can download and install when convenient. I may be wrong...

I'm not that trusting and grabbed it immediately. Offer is only valid until 10/31/23

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Pretty sure there isn’t. Just wanted to say that its presence in my iLok account tells me it’s available. 
BUT I did read at Gearslutz that you may indeed uninstall UA Connect and all will still run fine!

• Like 1

^^ Yes, you can uninstall UA Connect and they will still run fine.

I did that after I got the 1st synth, but as I started collecting them (UAD plugins) I just left it installed.
At some point I may uninstall it again, depends on how often they update their plugins.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Fleer said:

BUT I did read at Gearslutz that you may indeed uninstall UA Connect and all will still run fine!

1 minute ago, TheSteven said:

^^ Yes, you can uninstall UA Connect and they will still run fine.

Confirming, that's what I do anyway and yes it works. Plus the change of license type to computer based (from cloud based only) is very welcome too. Shame that the other two plugins I have are cloud based only, makes them risky when using in projects that take long time to work on.

• Like 2