zplane deCoda Studio To Stage Sale (Exclusive) for $34

cclarry

This is a great piece of software - I use it all the time when I am writing music - in fact I used it about 30 mins ago!!

I had written a piece of music, recorded a short demo but it didn't sound quite right - you can put it in Decoda and change key as well as tempo - I speeded mine up by 6Bpm and now sounded much better.

Nigel

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I had to look this up since I have seen the name mentioned a few times but never know what it actually was. Looks like a beefed up version of the discontinued Riffstation with a PRV and RMix thrown in (more features than Riffstation had). It is good to see there are still contemporary options available.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

This is a great piece of software - I use it all the time when I am writing music - in fact I used it about 30 mins ago!!

I had written a piece of music, recorded a short demo but it didn't sound quite right - you can put it in Decoda and change key as well as tempo - I speeded mine up by 6Bpm and now sounded much better.

Nigel

Your post intrigues me, @Bajan Blue. Especially after knowing the quality of your music. So you use this to try out different tempos and key change ideas in demos you've worked on? 

That seems like it'd be pretty useful as a songwriting tool. I often will try different keys for sections (e.g., the bridge) as well as the entire song and different tempos and it would be cool to be able to easily try different adjustments and quickly understand what works and doesn't work. 

I need to look into this. Thanks for sharing how you use it. 

58 minutes ago, balinas said:

version 1.31

That's my version. And I am assuming that is the latest.  I wanted to check on that today but got sidetracked on that UAD deal ending today. 

I can say that I did check the Plugin Boutique d/l page and saw that it's still that 1.31 version available for d/l..

Edited by Grem

On 10/2/2023 at 3:18 PM, PavlovsCat said:

Your post intrigues me, @Bajan Blue. Especially after knowing the quality of your music. So you use this to try out different tempos and key change ideas in demos you've worked on? 

That seems like it'd be pretty useful as a songwriting tool. I often will try different keys for sections (e.g., the bridge) as well as the entire song and different tempos and it would be cool to be able to easily try different adjustments and quickly understand what works and doesn't work. 

I need to look into this. Thanks for sharing how you use it. 

Hi

Yes that is how I mainly use Decoda - there are lots of other uses as well!

The Demo I am just doing I ended up speeding up by 4BPM - i kept the same key and now it sounds much better!

Nigel

• Like 1