Rambler Blues - drums remixed

Larry T.

Hi All. Latest creation is Rambler Blues. Let me know your impressions, suggestions and critiques, please🎶🎶🎶🎶

drums remixed version link: https://larryterrano.bandcamp.com/track/rambler-blues

Country_Road small.jpg

DAW: Cakewalk by Bandlab

pc: windows 10, i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 8GB ram, live acoustic guitar, live electric guitar, direct injected bass, harp, arturia minilab mkII, arturia analog lab 5 lite, SI Drums by CbB effects

reference speakers: M-Audio BX3

Edited by Larry T.
  • Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 1:25 AM, Rikkie said:

Hi Larry, I like the harmonica, but there are timing issues, the drums are very rigid while the rest is quite loose, again ,love the lazy harmonica. Also it seems the pad sound is a bit to slow in places so it clashes imho.

Rik

Thanks Rik, appreciate the listen and comments very much.

The drums are an issue in this piece. The drums are a loop from CbB SI Drums so they are playing correct time I hope. Are the issues you hear the kick drum mostly?? I was trying to get the kick drum to play a bit of melody by having 3 beats most places and 4 beats in a couple other. May be best just to keep them 2 beats per measure.

What are you referring to by the pad sound? I didn't use a pad at all.

The drums were the first instrument done and then I played an acoustic guitar guide track (not used in the finished version here) to it. Maybe i veered off the drum timing a bit as I always put the melody above the rhythm, so that could be happening as well.

Lastly, I really hope I'm not "gradually going Phil Collins" (apologies to Bill Bruford 🥁) and losing my ability to keep correct time.

Again, thanks for your time🎶🎶🎶🎶

Edited by Larry T.

4 hours ago, jack c. said:

music and kick needs to be tightened.jack c

what is that harmonic?

Thanks jack. The drums do require more work, I will try to get to it.

You mean the harmonica?? It's me playing all of them. I used two, one in the key of D and one in the key of C as well as some delay in certain sections. Cheers🎶🎶🎶🎶

2 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Larry love the languid pace and the harmonica - I can hear the timing issues jack and Rik mentioned 

Cool

Nigel

Thanks Nigel. Yes, the drums are the culprit in this episode, lol! I'll try to get to work on them🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Larry T. changed the title to Rambler Blues - drums remixed
15 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I thnk you have a nice tune. Yes, the guys are right about the timing issue on the drums. I think that once you work out the timing issues, there there is a whole lot to like about this song.  Keep it up!

Thanks Peter🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Like 1

I listened to both versions and the 2nd one is a lot better.

Nice slow bluesy sound but maybe a little too languid? Tempo could be increased maybe 5 or 10bpm.
I like the harmonica which echoes what's going on in the background.  
Overall a pleasing sound. Enjoyed it.
-Bjorn

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2023 at 10:18 AM, bjornpdx said:

I listened to both versions and the 2nd one is a lot better.

Nice slow bluesy sound but maybe a little too languid? Tempo could be increased maybe 5 or 10bpm.
I like the harmonica which echoes what's going on in the background.  
Overall a pleasing sound. Enjoyed it.
-Bjorn

Thanks Bjorn. If I get some free time I'll look up how to increase tempo in CbB. I like the languidness of it but agree that a more up tempo version would be worth the time it takes to do it to hear the difference in mood and feel🎶🎶🎶🎶