Presonus Studio One 6.5 is here... not a deal

ralfrobert

6 hours ago, dubdisciple said:

I find it weird that pro tools was the last to implement melodyne workflow but somehow has more features available

I guess it makes sense if you consider that the last people in get the benefit of the work that's already been done as far as smoothing out the workflow, issues with data transfer and display, etc. They didn't have to invent those wheels, so they have more resources available to direct at other features.

• Great Idea 1

12 hours ago, mibby said:

I believe I saw there is a new version of the Remote App somewhere...

Yes I seen it as well. Will post the link if I come across it again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awesome update for an awesome DAW.

Love how they have the 'How To's' and video tutorials etc well and truly under control.

Just an awesome team with an awesome product 👍

• Like 4

On 9/26/2023 at 11:48 AM, Sander Verstraten said:

Seeing that Bitwig and PreSonus created this project exchange format, I assume they will work together to get CLAP in Studio One with Version 7

Sounds like a virus you'd get on a one night adventure out in town.

Edited by El Diablo
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Hmm. I mentioned the "from any version of Artist" upgrade earlier, which has long been $49.

I can't find that upgrade on Presonus' website any more. Wonder if they discontinued it.

It's still there, though it's a bit pricier now. I'm guessing part of the cost goes towards Dolby Atmos licensing?

image.thumb.png.116f0efb099472f78fb700c0d1bae92d.png

25 minutes ago, antler said:

It's still there, though it's a bit pricier now

Oh, I was referring to the cost to upgrade from a previous version of Artist to the latest version of Artist.

It's always been a nice deal for those of us who got a license for Artist when we bought a Presonus interface, but found no use for it because it didn't allow use of 3rd-party VST's.  Or even for someone who bought their Artist license at full price. It would be kind of a drag to have dropped a hundy on Artist 6.0 a few months ago but have no discounted upgrade path.

I'll try logging in to my Presonus (muh-muh-muh my Presonus) account and see if something shows up.

If I were hot to own it, I would have already bought a license, but I already have a few other DAW's.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

That's it. Doesn't say 6.5, though.

Just posted the same thing in another thread... only the version is an upgrade, the dot releases are included in each version. Studio One historically releases the version every 2 years (paid upgrades), with the .5s on the off years (they are free). SO Pro ends up being around $60 a year to keep updated (always a sale on that upgrade somewhere for around $120 every other year).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, satya said:

Is there no studio one 6 prime ?

There is, but they don’t make it easy to find out about it.  When you run the Studio One for the first time, you can choose Prime as a license option.  You can get the installer as a free Studio One Pro evaluation (it’s all the same installer).

For folks who on boarded with SOP 3.5 during the Gibson debacle and never upgraded SOP, there have been a lot of updates since (track templates was a huge one for me personally).

An interesting resource to be aware of is a site called Studio One Toolbox (created by one of the developers) that allows drag/drop conversions of Cakewalk ins (Instrument Definition) files to generate "sound variations" (their name for the articulation maps in Cakewalk). It will also convert Cubase templates and can be a massive time saver for generating detailed articulation maps. That site also is a quick resources to many (374 as of "now") tutorials that are grouped by topic, as well as a free online orchestra to test out chord progressions.

Edited by mettelus
  • Like 1