Goyo noise supressor on sale $29

jude77

I got this email from Goyo today concerning a pre-release sale. 

https://goyo.app/

Dear Goyo Beta User,

Today, we’re excited to announce the release of Supertone Voice Clarity, our official product replacing Goyo. This upgraded plug-in retains Goyo’s simplicity and powerful algorithm, along with added features like enhanced CPU performance and offline workflow.

Supertone Voice Clarity will be available for purchase starting early October for $99. As a valued beta user, you'll get an exclusive $70 discount, making it just $29.

Following the release, we’ll transition into phasing out beta testing. Usage and support for existing users will continue until October 31st, after which we encourage you to use Supertone Voice Clarity.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, jude77 said:

Following the release, we’ll transition into phasing out beta testing. Usage and support for existing users will continue until October 31st, after which we encourage you to use Supertone Voice Clarity.

They are not clear that the beta version will stop working, but I doubt it will be usable after the deadline.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

They are not clear that the beta version will stop working, but I doubt it will be usable after the deadline.

Agree, and it also isn't available for sale yet.

If they get rid of the big brother data privacy stuff, data collection, phoning home, give a good liberal authorization system, etc, I'll likely grab it to get rid of my last tie to WAVES.  But the terms during the beta were far less than ideal, IMO. 

9 hours ago, jude77 said:

I got this email from Goyo today concerning a pre-release sale. 

https://goyo.app/

Dear Goyo Beta User,

Today, we’re excited to announce the release of Supertone Voice Clarity, our official product replacing Goyo. This upgraded plug-in retains Goyo’s simplicity and powerful algorithm, along with added features like enhanced CPU performance and offline workflow.

Supertone Voice Clarity will be available for purchase starting early October for $99. As a valued beta user, you'll get an exclusive $70 discount, making it just $29.

For $29, this is an easy yes. @Brian Walton can you be more specific about their exact policies that concerns you. FTR, I'm not arguing or dismissing yoir concerns, I'm just seeking to understand them better. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

For $29, this is an easy yes. @Brian Walton can you be more specific about their exact policies that concerns you. FTR, I'm not arguing or dismissing yoir concerns, I'm just seeking to understand them better. 

The Software automatically connects to the internet to check for version updates, notifications and to validate that the software is properly authorized and operating in accordance with this Agreement. Computer system information, IP address, and software usage data may be transmitted to our servers for the purpose of improving our product and to provide you with relevant information and services. No personal information is collected. For full details, please read our privacy policy at https://goyo.app/privacy-policy. If the Software detects that it has been tampered with or modified in any way, additional information may be collected, which may include information identifying your computer and email address, and the software may not operate, or operate with reduced functionality.

Why does GOYO require an internet connection?

We mandate an internet connection for several reasons. This includes safeguarding against unauthorized copying or tampering of our plugin, as well as collecting essential information such as country or DAW usage to better understand our user base and address support issues.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

The Software automatically connects to the internet to check for version updates, notifications and to validate that the software is properly authorized and operating in accordance with this Agreement. Computer system information, IP address, and software usage data may be transmitted to our servers for the purpose of improving our product and to provide you with relevant information and services. No personal information is collected. For full details, please read our privacy policy at https://goyo.app/privacy-policy. If the Software detects that it has been tampered with or modified in any way, additional information may be collected, which may include information identifying your computer and email address, and the software may not operate, or operate with reduced functionality.

We mandate an internet connection for several reasons. This includes safeguarding against unauthorized copying or tampering of our plugin, as well as collecting essential information such as country or DAW usage to better understand our user base and address support issues.

Okay.  That doesn't seem problematic to me (FTR, I  am not dismissing your personal discomfort with it; I respect that we may see things differently) and the $29 USD price is better than I expected.  I'll be buying it. The tool hasn't been perfect. It got fooled and took out my vocal on a breathy low note, but overall,  it's pretty impressive and super easy to use. 

Also note this (the emphasis is my own): 

"Can GOYO be used offline?

While GOYO Beta currently requires an internet connection for usage, we acknowledge the importance of an offline workflow for many of our users. Therefore, we are actively developing an offline activation process for the official release.

Does GOYO store my audio data?

We do not retain any of your audio sample data."

https://goyo.app/faq/

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Makes sense for a beta - easy to implement, easy to disable the plugin partially or entirely when beta ends. 
I'm curious as to what system/methodology they'll finally decide on when officially released.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

I just submitted a report to the developer and I'm wondering if others have experienced similar issues. The plugin emits bursts of white noise in response to an effect I had on a vocal and it also silences some low vocal notes, I suppose mistaking them for noise (I'm not a very good singer,  but my pitch isn't that far off and this was after using Melodyne to make tweaks). Anyhow, while I sent the dev my report,  I'm curious if others have experienced issues like this, because otherwise. It's a really great tool. But given these issues, I have one project where I simply can't use it because there's no way around these problems. 

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

With the new program/installer?   Or just the beta version?

The beta version. It would suck to buy the paid version and find the problem still exists, because it makes the plugin unusable for me. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

12 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

The beta version. It would suck to buy the paid version and find the problem still exists, because it makes the pluggin unusable for me. 

Thus the question if you installed the new version and tested it, you don't have to buy it, they have a demo period.

• Like 1