UAD Creative Edition ($99 with personal discount code - RRP $499)

MusicMan

44 minutes ago, Anxiousmofo said:

I was too busy when I demoed Opal a while back and really only played with presets. I was underwhelmed at the time. Now that I have a license and have started building my own patches I'm quite impressed. 

Solid deal all around. 

I haven't tried that one yet, so that's great to hear 🙂 I love Moogs, so I'd been using that a bit and it's pretty decent. I already liked Polymax when I got that and the Waterfall B3 organ can make some really nice sounds too. Haven't installed the piano yet, but some reports I read aren't super positive. I'll still try it at some stage seeing how it's paid for.

19 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I haven't tried that one yet, so that's great to hear 🙂 I love Moogs, so I'd been using that a bit and it's pretty decent. I already liked Polymax when I got that and the Waterfall B3 organ can make some really nice sounds too. Haven't installed the piano yet, but some reports I read aren't super positive. I'll still try it at some stage seeing how it's paid for.

The Ravel is far from being my favourite piano VI and if I'd paid anything like the asking price for it, I'd be miffed. But there are some really good players who rate it (e.g., CGR over at VI:Control), and it has its uses. The reverse sound thing is a weird gimmick - and if you have your screen scaling adjusted, you can't always see that you can turn it off/down...the UADx plugins have some weird relationship with Windows scaling!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

I just registered and installed my PolyMAX and my price dropped from $399 to $349

I wonder if it might take a while to process in their systems. Hopefully it does in time before the offer expires. Otherwise I'd imagine it will be offered at the same price again for you anyway in the near future.

And yes, the edit / quote thing seems to be catching a lot of people out!

6 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I wonder if it might take a while to process in their systems. Hopefully it does in time before the offer expires. Otherwise I'd imagine it will be offered at the same price again for you anyway in the near future.

I've had my UA account for a while - with nothing in it i.e. no plugins or hardware.  I might have signed up just to get on their newsletter list.
Once I installed the plugin via UA Connect it took moments for the discount to hit my UA account.
Maybe it takes longer if you've just created a new account?  Dunno if that applies to you, etc. just making speculations with no data.

1 minute ago, TheSteven said:

I've had my UA account for a while - with nothing in it i.e. no plugins or hardware.  I might have signed up just to get on their newsletter list.
Once I installed the plugin via UA Connect it took moments for the discount to hit my UA account.
Maybe it takes longer if you've just created a new account?  Dunno if that applies to you, etc. just making speculations with no data.

I registered an account a few months back to see if the offers everyone was getting were available to new accounts, but none of the codes people posted would work (apart from the UALURKERFORLIFE, or whatever it was).

Then pretty much the day LoopCloud announced the Polymax synth for free I registered it. Haven't bought anything since.

Then a few days ago they sent an email saying:

"Special Offers for Our Loopcloud Friends

Enjoying PolyMAX Synth?

Add even more world‑class sound to your collection with these popular UAD plug‑ins and bundles."

I actually missed seeing the first one, as all their emails had been pretty uninspiring offers, so I'd tuned out a little and then saw their follow up email 🤣

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, overbit said:

10 hours later after I registered Polymax they changed their offer of the creative edition $399 to $349 in "MY OFFERS"

When $99?:(

In "My Offers" my price still displayed $399 the whole time.

Try adding it to the cart and then see what vouchers show up in the cart screen itself. I had a code to copy/paste in there to reduce it down to $99 🙂

31 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

In "My Offers" my price still displayed $399 the whole time.

Try adding it to the cart and then see what vouchers show up in the cart screen itself. I had a code to copy/paste in there to reduce it down to $99 🙂

tried the cart thing but didnt work;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Craig Fowler said:

The Ravel is far from being my favourite piano VI and if I'd paid anything like the asking price for it, I'd be miffed. But there are some really good players who rate it (e.g., CGR over at VI:Control), and it has its uses. The reverse sound thing is a weird gimmick - and if you have your screen scaling adjusted, you can't always see that you can turn it off/down...the UADx plugins have some weird relationship with Windows scaling!

That’s good news. CGR is quite trustworthy for piano advice over at VI Control. 
Wish the bundle would include their new Electra 88 though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, overbit said:

tried the cart thing but didnt work;)

Oh that sucks.. but was worth a shot.

I'm pretty certain the deal will be available at some stage. When UAD went native I ignored all their initial prices. Even with their average sales I ignored them too. I did jump at this one, but I'll still likely let pass any of their stupid regular $89 offers they throw out there.

With a lot of the companies that seems to be the best approach. There's never any hurry.. I'm sure we've all got plenty of plugins and instruments to keep us going for a while until their best offers are available 🙂 

• Like 2

Their marketing methods are always experimental and always confusing on the part of the user.
I have seen many offers that cannot be purchased and that end instantaneously. And their support is getting worse every year. They can't even admit their own faults and only assume mistakes on the part of the user. I wish they would go back to the way they used to be when they were courteous and helpful.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fleer said:

That’s good news. CGR is quite trustworthy for piano advice over at VI Control. 
Wish the bundle would include their new Electra 88 though. 

Agreed on both counts...and am now hoping I haven't misremembered "other" Craig's comments!

FWIW as much as I know you love the OTS Rhodes, the Soniccouture one might be my favourite - and Black Friday's coming up!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

Agreed on both counts...and am now hoping I haven't misremembered "other" Craig's comments!

FWIW as much as I know you love the OTS Rhodes, the Soniccouture one might be my favourite - and Black Friday's coming up!

Yep, got those too, both the Deconstructed one and the Canterbury Suitcase.
Love ‘em both.

But I love the OTS even more :)

Still wondering how good UAD’s Electra 88 is …

• Like 1