UAD Creative Edition ($99 with personal discount code - RRP $499)

MusicMan

15 minutes ago, jngnz said:

They've completely ignored simular requests from me previously so they clearly don’t give a *****. I'd rather take my business to companies that do.

I am sorry for your heartache.
I am probably one of those ignored by them.
There is a big difference in temperature between what they can respond to and what they can't.
Maybe it is their policy not to let us respond to inquiries that are not in the manual.

Hey- They came through for me!  (direct reply to my support request). Thank you UAD 🙏  I nice consolation prize for missing the NI mega-deal that, according to the  forum time-stamps ended a couple hours before I crawled out of bed.

<edit>  Ignore.  UAD came through with the $99 offer and I am a happy camper!

Edited by Brian Lawler
Happy camper
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Craig N said:

Does anyone know if the price of Ultimate comes down further than 799 if you own the Diamond Edition? 

That’s a no-no, coming from the horse’s mouth. Never goes lower than $799. Until it does, of course. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Fleer said:

That’s a no-no, coming from the horse’s mouth. Never goes lower than $799. Until it does, of course. 

Damn. What do you think is the best move? Get some cheap solo UAD2 hardware and wait for ultimate in one hit, or bite the bullet at $244 (319 - 50 personal coupon to make up for Labor day coupon disappearing - 25 thank you)? 

I guess you bit the bullet facing that same choice... Any regrets? 

1 minute ago, Craig N said:

Damn. What do you think is the best move? Get some cheap solo UAD2 hardware and wait for ultimate in one hit, or bite the bullet at $244 (319 - 50 personal coupon to make up for Labor day coupon disappearing - 25 thank you)? 

I guess you bit the bullet facing that same choice... Any regrets? 

I only got the Creative Bundle (for $99) and I’m happy at that $10/each level. 
But I’m hesitant to get the Mix Edition or Diamond, as they will undoubtedly grow larger with (many) more native titles. 
As for the Ultimate, that’s another story. If you buy it (after registering some hardware) you’ll get it all, including future native releases. 
Then again, UAD is on a roll, and who knows where they’ll land. I do consider a possibility that UAD 12 will go very low, but when…

On the other hand, many plugins aren’t native yet and those are the ones I’m interested in, so I might wait. 
So for now, I’m thinking I’m fine with the instruments (while only missing the new Rhodes) and a few special FX like the ones on the Creative bundle. 
As for mixing and mastering plugs, I’ll stay on the fence. 
Hope this rambling helps somewhat. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I only got the Creative Bundle (for $99) and I’m happy at that $10/each level. 
But I’m hesitant to get the Mix Edition or Diamond, as they will undoubtedly grow larger with (many) more native titles. 
As for the Ultimate, that’s another story. If you buy it (after registering some hardware) you’ll get it all, including future native releases. 
Then again, UAD is on a roll, and who knows where they’ll land. I do consider a possibility that UAD 12 will go very low, but when…

On the other hand, many plugins aren’t native yet and those are the ones I’m interested in, so I might wait. 
So for now, I’m thinking I’m fine with the instruments (while only missing the new Rhodes) and a few special FX like the ones on the Creative bundle. 
As for mixing and mastering plugs, I’ll stay on the fence. 
Hope this rambling helps somewhat. 

Thanks, that's really helpful. It mirrors my own thinking, although the $25 and $50 coupons are going to expire in October and that's motivating me to use them haha. 

The Diamond Edition doesn't even include all the native plugins presently available so it's definitely only going to be a stepping stone, but the price per plugin is a lot better than buying any of this stuff piecemeal. 

• Like 2

I’m thinking of keeping those $50 and $25 coupons in check. You never know if there’s a special effect I may like, for instance that EMT 140 or 250 reverb. 

Also thinking of getting the next generation of Volt interfaces, and they may come with free plugins. 

• Like 1